Thread deletion?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

D'Arcy

Thread deletion?

Post by D'Arcy »

Can a thread starter still delete an entire thread along with all replies?

That caused quite a bit strife in the old forum, and I don't think that it should be allowed.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

It appears that deleting the "alpha post" does nto delete a thread, but instead just bumps every post up 1 (so to speak).

That said, I'm not sure deletion is something we would turn off in absence of that.
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

Sometimes deletion is good... and nobody ever notices that it ever happened when it does - 'Oops, posted in the wrong forum', etc.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Try deleting this thread, D'Arcy, and see what happens...

- Ash
D'Arcy

Post by D'Arcy »

Asharak wrote:Try deleting this thread, D'Arcy, and see what happens...

- Ash
As a matter of fact, I tried. When I had no replies I got to the confirmation dialog, but now I can't find the button anymore. :(

EDIT: Now this post has the button again. Apparently, the button disappears once someone replies. Seems like a smart solution to me.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

I think the delete button is only available up until the thread is added to. the same thing applies to a new post in an existing thread - it can be deleted by the person who posted only before someone else adds to the thread.
Books I finished in: 2022 | 2021 | 2020

Scrobbling at last.fm
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Andrew wrote:I think the delete button is only available up until the thread is added to. the same thing applies to a new post in an existing thread - it can be deleted by the person who posted only before someone else adds to the thread.
Now that, I LIKE. Seems the people that designed this software were way ahead of us on this one.

- Ash
tals

Post by tals »

In the RTW govenors thread, the delete post actually causes a notification. The person then clicks the emailed notification to be tod the post no longer exists. Which gives the impression that the thread has been deleted!

Can we take off notify when a post is deleted as it sure is confusing

http://www.pcgamesforum.com/phpBB2/view ... =6691#6691

For an example of what I mean.

Tals