Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Report post functionality is now up and running. It works a little differently than in UBB, but most of that is on "our end" of things.

You should notice a new icon in the "post header" section of a post. That's the line that containes the date, quote, and edit buttons. In fact, our new friend is just to he right of the post edit button.

Clicking that will provide you with a form to enter in what you think is wrong about the post. Click submit and voila, you've just narced on someone! Thanks to the post reporting mod, tattling on your neighbors has never been this easy, or this fun.

For the curious: instead of emailing the relevant mods (which is what UBB did), everything for reported posts is handled "in board". Mods know when they have reported posts simply by going to, or refreshing, the forum index page.

Also, do note that you can contact the mods simply by clicking the email button:

that sits below the post body. phpBB doesn't currently allow emails to actually be displayed in the profile, but we're probably going to change that at some point.

That is all.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yes, everybody - it works. Thanks for all the tests, but please return to your seats for the remainder of the voyage. :wink:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Schnazzy.

Now, where's a Kelric post when I need one...

- Ash
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

To help us out, when reporting a post, please note the name of the poster and the page of the post (if there's more than one page in the thread). Right now the report doesn't take us to the exact post being reported, and since I'm way too lazy to go through the whole thing trying to find it, you'll be helping me (and any other lazy mods) out.

Thanks.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Swanky.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Kinky.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

ImLawBoy wrote:To help us out, when reporting a post, please note the name of the poster and the page of the post (if there's more than one page in the thread). Right now the report doesn't take us to the exact post being reported, and since I'm way too lazy to go through the whole thing trying to find it, you'll be helping me (and any other lazy mods) out.
And now Gedd has fixed this. Your whistleblows (exclamation claims?) do now take us directly to the offensive post in question.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Eel Snave wrote:Kinky.
I wish my ME degree was from here.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra