Sporadic access issues

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Isgrimnur

Sporadic access issues

Post by Isgrimnur »

GT thread

People are indicating that they are having issues accessing the boards from different machines. Some are able to access only from mobile platforms, while some are able to access only from standard PCs.
Pyperkub wrote:Is there anothher ootage? (saying that in my head sounds canadian...). I can't get there from my phhone...
Gratch wrote:Its out when I try to access it from my desktop, but I can get it on my iPhone just fine. Strange.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Re: Sporadic access issues

Post by FishPants »

Earlier I couldn't hit it from my blackberry, but could from home. Unfortunately there's not much control over Internet routing issues; I will keep an eye on it but its largely out of our control. BGP advertisements at our provider are as they should be, so I'd venture its an issue on the intartubez.
No.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks for bringing us back!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

And we're back through the wormhole or something. Thanks for the fix!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

And we're back through the wormhole or something. Thanks for the fix!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Woot woot.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Sorry I added an auto payment method, but apparently that only works on the NEXT invoice so they were kind enough to suspend the service. Dicks.

All paid and fixed.
No.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

That kind of fluke is fantastic. Thanks for getting us going again.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote:That kind of fluke is fantastic.
I did get quite a bit done this morning.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

coopasonic wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:That kind of fluke is fantastic.
I did get quite a bit done this morning.
please - I had a sit down and thought about how maybe I could turn my life around....

but -nah, OO is back UP!

woot!
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Isgrimnur wrote:People are indicating that they are having issues accessing the boards from different machines.
I was sort of hoping that OO going entirely down and coming back up would solve my access issues, but it seems to be caused by the general shittiness of my work network.

I pretty much have to refresh every page I try to load, sometimes more than once. So sad.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

silverjon wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:People are indicating that they are having issues accessing the boards from different machines.
I was sort of hoping that OO going entirely down and coming back up would solve my access issues, but it seems to be caused by the general shittiness of my work network.

I pretty much have to refresh every page I try to load, sometimes more than once. So sad.
Psst his post was from 2010.
No.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I blame stessier.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Isgrimnur wrote:I blame stessier.
Yup, all his fault.

(Also scrutinizing post dates is not foremost in my mind when site access is barely functional.)
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:I blame stessier.
Ah, but you're the one who started a general enough thread that it fits all occasions.  Isgrimnur 

:P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles