PHP issue in viiew new posts?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Pyperkub

PHP issue in viiew new posts?

Post by Pyperkub »

I'm seeing this message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /search.php on line 271: require(): Unable to allocate memory for pool

When viewing new posts (Black Pearl).

Additionally, the 'table' layout for the topics is oddly expanded. This doesn't happen when viewing forums individually for me.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Re: PHP issue in viiew new posts?

Post by Pyperkub »

And now it appears to be gone. Hmmm....

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

I was seeing this too in the standard theme. Posts view had a really big font as well. Fixed now.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

And now it's back.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Been happening on and off for a while. It usually goes away. FP has been looking into it.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote:Been happening on and off for a while. It usually goes away. FP has been looking into it.
Figured that was the case, but since it had been a few weeks, and the error was in a different line, I put it in a different post.

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I wish I had more details for you, there's only a handful of people with this issue (it's actually not a PHPBB3 specific issue). Unfortunately it seems to be possibly a kernel issue that keeps popping up, and I haven't had time to really chase down the details. Life has been hectic, and I hardly have time to eat during the day let alone sift through pages of linux geeks and their condescending egos. (No offense to resident linux geeks.. Just seems the mailing lists are full of attitude).
No.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

It's never lasted more than a day for me, it only happens on certain pages (like new post search)and it only changes the font size. Annoying but not a huge problem and it hasn't been indicative of a bigger problem or slowdown so far as I'm aware.

IOW, doesn't appear to be an urgent issue but thanks for the continued heads-up.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

I'm getting holy-crap-big-font when I view a user profile.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Odin

Post by Odin »

Yep, same here. I didn't realize there was already a thread about it.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I think I found the PHP problem.. Apparently in one of the updates APC changed the format in their .ini file.. I've altered ours to match and kicked the web server.. Let me know if it comes up again.
No.