Progress on the hangs

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Progress on the hangs

Post by FishPants »

Well the downside was the new server hardware (sans HD) didn't fix our random hanging.. But I spent some time today researching this, and I've made some changes to the kernel that so far have eliminated a lot of the associated error messages in the log. Seems CentOS is bitchy with our southbridge controller chip (S700) -- and I made the recommended changes.

So far so good, but for the short term I've disabled everything in crontab that isn't vital, and will reintroduce as we see the system act frigging normal for a change.

:coffee:
No.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Progress on the hangs

Post by Zaxxon »

Just in case this isn't part of the things you know aren't working, email notifications for me stopped coming in right around when you posted this.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Zaxxon wrote:Just in case this isn't part of the things you know aren't working, email notifications for me stopped coming in right around when you posted this.
Thank you sir! Should be fixed.. Postfix wasn't set to autostart for some reason.
No.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I got the notice for this thread, so seems like that did the trick. Thanks!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Posting from Black seems to give me the large text php error every time:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 18: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Pyperkub wrote:Posting from Black seems to give me the large text php error every time:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 18: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.

Grrr... Looking into it.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Being that it's Friday night, and that bug is related to APC, I removed APC.. We don't have the traffic levels to really require PHP compression anyways. So in lieu of chasing Linux bugs all night and cramping my beer time, I opted for uninstall.

Thanks for the help guys, it really helps to know when stuff gets borked. This is what I get for multitasking on a Friday during a conference call "Hey I can patch OO while I listen to some executives babble in the background". Hah.

I should just set this board up on OS/2 and be done with it, there's no hacks or patches to worry about!
No.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Posting is working fine for now :)

Thanks for all you do fp!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I'm stumped.. Not a single error in the log yet it hung again at 3am. All crons disabled aside from SAR.. I Can't see a SAR collection routing hanging a CentOS box.

No errors in any logs. Nada. Everything is fine then "hiccup" locked up. Still working on it to try and figure this BS out.
No.