Excessive force against bots?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Victoria Raverna

Excessive force against bots?

Post by Victoria Raverna »

This morning while trying to access OO forum from my office pc, I got the following message because the office is using our default zscaler proxy which is connect to internet through Singapore IP address.
403 - Spammers Forbidden

Sorry this IP space has been banned due to excessive human bots spamming our forum.

The following country IP Blocks are now banned:

Bangladesh
India
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Singapore
and a sprinkling of manual ranges from China (whole country blocks are next)

Do yourself a favour and tell your friends to start patching their systems and run some antivirus. Otherwise they are botnet victims waiting to happen.
You're banning the whole Singapore country plus those other 4? :)

So I now have to switch to zscaler's Japan proxy to connect. Hopefully you don't ban Japan next.
Rip

Re: Excessive force against bots?

Post by Rip »

Victoria Raverna wrote:This morning while trying to access OO forum from my office pc, I got the following message because the office is using our default zscaler proxy which is connect to internet through Singapore IP address.
403 - Spammers Forbidden

Sorry this IP space has been banned due to excessive human bots spamming our forum.

The following country IP Blocks are now banned:

Bangladesh
India
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Singapore
and a sprinkling of manual ranges from China (whole country blocks are next)

Do yourself a favour and tell your friends to start patching their systems and run some antivirus. Otherwise they are botnet victims waiting to happen.
You're banning the whole Singapore country plus those other 4? :)

So I now have to switch to zscaler's Japan proxy to connect. Hopefully you don't ban Japan next.
Actually your name came up as one of concern when we were selecting countries that were a problem and had no known members. FP was concerned blocking India might prevent you from getting in and I mocked him for it. I guess he wasn't as far into looney land as I had assumed. :lol:
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

I sent my home's static IP to FP to exclude in case he is going to ban Indonesia next. :)
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I know it may inconvenience some of you, but we can whitelist easy enough. I've just had it with these moron human spammers, we've all got better things to do than to constantly chase these guys down, and there was a clear pattern on originating IP blocks -- so it's banned.

Anyhow your proxies should be whitelisted now.
No.