Forum games or EBG?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

DD*

Forum games or EBG?

Post by DD* »

Hey there, oh tentacled moderator types... I recently started a kind of "What if..." tournament in the EBG forum. A couple of comments indicated that they thought it should be in Forum Games, a part of the site that I honestly never visit.

I don't really consider this idea a "game", more of a general geek discussion. My inspiration was the NSFW round robin but I wanted to use the polling function.

Anyhoo, I'd just like to know whether it is OK to continue in EBG or should I move it? The whole deal ought to be done inside a week and the number of threads will go down as the brackets narrow. Seems like most folks don't have an issue but I don't want to roil the waters unnecessarily...

Danke!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
The Meal

Re: Forum games or EBG?

Post by The Meal »

Forum Games
This is the place for self-contained forum games
"Self-contained" is a poor phrase that is intended to mean "closed participant list." Since your polls are open to everyone on the forums, they do not belong in Forum Games.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
DD*

Post by DD* »

Thx Meal. Seems like folks are enjoying the discussions. (Gawd we are all such geeks!)
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, whenever the forums clog up with similar topics, feathers get ruffled. If I was running a similar event I'd probably keep everything in one thread and use the initial post to keep track of the winners. I would change the thread title to encourage people to come back in. There would be no way to run a poll, so all counting would be manual.

But this is not a true forum game, as defined by the CoC.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Feathers ruffle. That's what people on the internet do. It's cool to try keep the ruffling to a minimum, but the only way to use the polling function is to make multiple threads.

I'd have done it the same way as DD*. Yeah, it jazzes up the Dramatic Threat Level on the boards from #00BF00 to #BFFF00, but that's not the end of the world.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra