Tapatalk question

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Rip

Re: Tapatalk question

Post by Rip »

Perhaps I opted in on purpose to pumish tapatalk users? :twisted:

Actually dragging my feet because Fishpants is the tapatalk expert. Haven't seen him around a lot (alot) lately. He really loves his alot.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I'm at the lake with the family, I will look into updating the plugin shortly. I think I've turned off the damn ads via the forum owners area (ironically the forum owners page doesn't render properly on an ipad mini.. Go figure).

Fixed soon once I'm done playing with the kids in the water.
No.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Oh, my bad, I thought the Tapatalk hater was Rip, but it's actually Fishpants? Or perhaps it chafes both of you? :D
Rip

Post by Rip »

I am certainly a hater. I wish my iPad would quit trying to get me to use it.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Tapatalk can suck a bucket of dicks, but you guys wanted it so I put it on.

Haven't had time to look into it, family vacay and all. Will look this weekend when I'm back home.
No.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Wub tapa

Sent from my SGH-T999V
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Yeah, I find tapa a lot better than the browser on my phone. I suppose if I had a nice big tablet the browser would work, but on my phone screen tapatalk saves a lot of resizing and formatting frustration
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

You kids get off my lawn!
No.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

tjg_marantz wrote:Wub tapa

Sent from my SGH-T999V
Yup

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

I would pay money to never see that damn Tapatalk pop up again when visiting the board from Mobile Safari.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

You can. Spend the money on the Tapatalk app and use it to look at these forums :-)
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

IceBear wrote:You can. Spend the money on the Tapatalk app and use it to look at these forums :-)
Blergh, I don't really like the software. It fails too often. I want to be able to use the forums through Safari unmolested.
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Wow, for me, it would be VERY hard to go back to using a mobile browser for forums vs. a dedicated app.

Sooo much easier to read, and navigate (unless you have tiny fingers I guess, but even then...)

When is the last time you tried Tapatalk? They did a major overhaul very recently, and my only quibble with it was removed...which was quite a nit...but they had THE ugliest splash screen I have ever seen on any app (before the update). Just awful. Now it's all nice and modern and easy on the eyes.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Fireball1244 wrote:I would pay money to never see that damn Tapatalk pop up again when visiting the board from Mobile Safari.
I could probably make that happen.
No.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

T
Fireball1244 wrote:
IceBear wrote:You can. Spend the money on the Tapatalk app and use it to look at these forums :-)
Blergh, I don't really like the software. It fails too often. I want to be able to use the forums through Safari unmolested.
Well, you said you would pay money not to see it and I was just pointing out you could. Honestly, after using it I could not go back to a browser on my phone. I don't think I have ever had it crash on me on these forums
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Which version is the one to get? I think last time I looked there was Tapatalk 2, Tapatalk 4, Tapatalk HD, and maybe some other flavor. I got confused so I bailed.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Mine is Tapatalk Ver2.02. Completely stable, and have never had a problem (even before the update).
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

4 was flaky while in beta but has been great for me since general release. Its tablet layout is much better than v2, as well.

Those of you happy with the mobile browser view are le crazy. I could never go back.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lkHD&hl=en" target="_blank
Community Reader by Tapatalk 4
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Firefox never completes loading and a bar is gets stuck on activating tapatalk.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

LordMortis wrote:Firefox never completes loading and a bar is gets stuck on activating tapatalk.
:?:
No.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

FishPants wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Firefox never completes loading and a bar is gets stuck on activating tapatalk.

I don't know if it's just me but I use firefox and right now it's not finishing loading any pages but there is a bar that tries to inform me what firefox is doing. Most often it gets stuck saying something about activate tapatalk. though right now it's stuck on "Read octopusoverlords.com" Assuming it's just me, I'll go ahead and clear my history and see if that straightens things out.
Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Zaxxon wrote:Those of you happy with the mobile browser view are le crazy. I could never go back.
I don't use the browser on my phone, but the browser view is perfectly usable and readable on my iPad mini. Tapatalk is a waste on the iPad. Just let me use the real site unmolested, please.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote:
FishPants wrote:

I don't know if it's just me but I use firefox and right now it's not finishing loading any pages but there is a bar that tries to inform me what firefox is doing. Most often it gets stuck saying something about activate tapatalk. though right now it's stuck on "Read octopusoverlords.com" Assuming it's just me, I'll go ahead and clear my history and see if that straightens things out.
Yeah, I'm getting popup/activeX security certificate warnings in IE and when I allowed it to run, it was trying to load "activate Tapatalk." I'm on a desktop.

This is what is shows in the IE status bar:
"Downloading picture https://activate.tapatalk.com/igif?host=www.octopusoverlords.com...

It hangs on that.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Am I missing something, or are you guys trying to install Tapatalk on a desktop?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Am I missing something, or are you guys trying to install Tapatalk on a desktop?
Nope but when I flushed my history, the problem went away.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
FishPants wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting popup/activeX security certificate warnings in IE and when I allowed it to run, it was trying to load "activate Tapatalk." I'm on a desktop.

This is what is shows in the IE status bar:
"Downloading picture https://activate.tapatalk.com/igif?host ... rlords.com.." target="_blank.

It hangs on that.
Do what LM did and nuke your cache/history. That's odd.

Are people still being prompted to install tapatalk on every visit? My ipad does not, but if its nagging some I can turn off the JavaScript that checks for tapatalk.
No.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

I use Tapatalk on my Windows phone (Nokia Lumina 920) and it works great. It was also free which surprised me. First thing I did was remove the sig. :)
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯