undo edits?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Chaosraven

undo edits?

Post by Chaosraven »

Is there any way to 'undo' an edit? Or restore the previous post? I used my phone to edit my werewolf game and ate like 80% of the rules...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: undo edits?

Post by ImLawBoy »

None that I'm aware of.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Don't think there's a way to revert back, I'm pretty sure it gets replaced at the database level.

Have you tried google cache?

If you're talking about the OOWW: JLA MYSTERY COUNT (what the heck does that mean? :lol: ) thread, here's the google cache from with a last updated date of Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 am:
Spoiler:
Players:

The League will not know how many Heroes are Among their Ranks, this number will be Randomly determined at Game Start and Roles of Heroes will be decided at Random as well.

The Villains will start with a number based on participation (and if the Joker is one of them, could make a Harley Quinn)

THE HEROES
Superman - Superman cannot be Lynched. An attempt to do so will reveal Superman to all and does count as the lynch that day. When Superman has been revealed in this fashion, he can use his X-Ray vision to identify (Roles) the First and Last Players that voted for him. Superman can still be killed at Night by the Villains (they have Kryptonite Bullets)

Wonder Woman - Each night, Wonder Woman can compel truth regarding the Role of any other Player. If that Player is targeted for attack by the Villains that evening, the attack will fail. Wonder Woman cannot check the same Player twice in the Game.

Batman - As long as Batman is alive, the status of a Lynch will reveal Villain/Hero/Normal. Otherwise there will be no results given for a Lynch. (Batman has additional abilities if one of the Villains is Two-Face). Batman will be given the numeric breakdown of Hero, Villain, Normal each morning.

Green Arrow - has a Single Arrow. Green Arrow must PM his intent prior to majority vote to use his arrow during the Day. If Green Arrow shoots either a Hero or a Villain that Player will die. If Green Arrow shoots a Normal, that player will not die and the target is PROTECTED that Night.

Martian Manhunter - Martian Manhunter has Telepathy and must contact One Other Player each Night. He may contact the same person on consecutive nights. If either Martian Manhunter or his Contact are killed by the Villains, both will die. If one is protected the protection does not extend to the other.

Green Lantern - Green Lantern may use his Ring, either during the Day or the Night. He chooses a Target and that Players Abilities are negated during that phase. Green Lantern may only use his Ring three times. Use of the Ring does Not Reveal Green Lantern.

Wonder Twins - the Wonder Twins may communicate with each other at all times. Undervote: if both WT vote for the same person, the second vote will not count (this will show in the vote COUNT, but both names will be there). Overvote: if one of the WT dies, the living WT voting has 2 Votes (auto-applied to same Lynch choice).

Elongated Man - Ralph will elude the first attack against him at Night. The Villains will not be told why it failed.

Doctor Fate - each night Doctor Fate can choose to either (1) Scan a Player for their Role, or (2) PM any Player a Single Word (this will done through the moderator, who will identify Doctor Fate to the recipient). When killed at Night, allowed one MINDBURST - Single PM Maximum Five Words to a Single Living Player passed through Moderator.

The Flash - the Flash may Protect another Player from the Villains at Night. The Flash may not protect the Same Player on consecutive Nights.

Captain Marvel - may Reveal himself at any time during the game by notifying the Moderator he wishes to. A post will be made by the moderator during that Phase. SHAZAM!

-------------------------------------------------

NORMALS
Normals - no special abilities.

-------------------------------------------------

THE VILLAINS

Lex Luthor - Lex may discover the identity of one Player at Night. As long as Lex is alive the Villains will learn the identity of any Player the Villains kill at Night.

Riddler - When DAY starts, the Riddler may send a Question to the Mod in the form of "Is X Y" where X is a Player and Y is a Role". If the answer is Yes, the Riddler may ask again. This continues until the Riddler gets a No answer.
OPTIONAL: As long as Riddler is alive, the status of a Lynch will reveal Villain/Hero/Normal. (Riddler chooses this ability to be ON/OFF for the following Day when Night comes)

Two-Face - Harvey Dent will scan as Normal, both for Lynching and for Powers unless Batman is alive and in the Game. In the event he is Lynched, Batman will get a PM that he was Two-Face. In the event a Power identifies him, Batman will get the Truth. If Harvey Dent is shot by the Green Arrow, he will survive and be identified as Normal (Batman will receive his true identity)

Killer Croc - if Scanned by Wonder Woman/Doctor Fate, he will kill Wonder Woman/Doctor Fate (this replaces the Night Kill, and is not affected by Protection). If shot by Green Arrow, he will die, but will also kill Green Arrow. NO FORM OF PROTECTION WILL STOP KILLER CROC'S ABILITY (other than Green Lantern Negation)

Joker - the Joker has a bomb. A very nasty Bomb. If Lynched, the Joker may use the bomb to kill any one Player of his choosing. If alive, may convert any Player to Harley Quin once per game instead of killing them at Night.

Harley Quinn - Harley retains Original Powers of her Original Role. Will Scan as Villain/Harley Quinn

=====================================

Night Activity:
Wonder Woman *may* Lasso one other Player she has not already Compelled. If that Player is the Target of the Villains that night, the attack will Fail. Neither Wonder Woman nor the Target will be notified.

Martian Manhunter must contact One Other Player each Night. He may contact the same person on consecutive nights. If either is the Target of the Villains, both will Die that Night.
*MUST contact the Player
**if the actual target is Protected the attack is prevented
*** in the event the Target is unprotected, the Lasso will save the Protected Connected
**** in the event the Contact is a Villain, the Villain *WILL* die if Martian Manhunter dies

Green Lantern may use his Ring to negate a Players Powers during that phase.

Doctor Fate chooses to (1) Scan a Player for their Role, or (2) PM

Flash may Protect another Player

Captain Marvel - may Reveal himself

Lex Luthor may discover the identity of one Player at Night by submitting a Scan.

Riddler chooses whether his Lynch reveal is ON/OFF

Villains submit an Attack.
***** If Joker is alive, may convert a Player to Harley Quinn once per game, option will be presented upon a Successful Attack.

Any player may post in the thread whatever they wish during the Night.
PM: the Wonder Twins may PM at all times.
PM: the Villains may PM at all times.
PM: Martian Manhunter and his Contact may PM as soon as Night has begun, but must stop if either are killed or when Day Begins.
PM: Doctor Fate may give a single word to the Moderator to be sent to a Player of his choice.
No other Players are allowed to PM each other during the Game.

Day Activity:
Voting is by Actual Majority, once reached votes may not be Withdrawn and any added will not count.

Batman receives Count.

Riddler may send a Question (possibly repeatedly)

Green Arrow may PM his intent prior to majority vote to use his one arrow during the Day.

Green Lantern may use his Ring to negate a Players Powers during that phase.

Captain Marvel - may Reveal himself

PM: the Wonder Twins may PM at all times.
PM: the Villains may PM at all times.

=========================================================

What happens when the Green Lantern chooses me?
Superman - if Day: a Lynch will be Successful, and his identity will not be revealed.
Wonder Woman - if Night: Compulsion will be Null. No Scan, No Protection, and that Player will be considered to have been "previously chosen".
Batman - if Day: No results for a Lynch. if Night: No Count given.
Green Arrow - if Day: Arrow use ineligible that Day.
Martian Manhunter - if Night: if Contact already made, must cease. Broken connection will not result in Paired Death.
Wonder Twins - must Cease PM Contact. Other twin will still be allowed to send One Way Messages, but affected Twin may not respond by PM.
Elongated Man - Ralph will die during a Villain Attack
Doctor Fate - receive no result of his scan. Use of the Ring will NOT stop him from using his PM ability (or MINDBURST)
The Flash - may not protect, target is not considered consecutive for next night protection
Captain Marvel - reveal will fail

Lex Luthor - if Night: Scan will be Blocked. Will not learn identity of Player the Villains kill at Night.
Riddler - if Night: Lynch reveal is OFF. If Day: no further answers
Two-Face - will scan as normal during that phase
Killer Croc - will not trigger the kill
Joker - May not use Bomb if Day, May not Convert if Night.
Harley Quinn - loses use of Powers as above.
Cache link.

EDIT: BTW, I was very tempted to say it was from my own personal site cache and hide the source but decided against it.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Have I mentioned how ruggedly handsome you are? I love you.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

It's a start, I can rework it from that and my notes
"Where are you off to?"

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Never mind that I posted the exact same thing in the game thread 10 minutes earlier!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

coopasonic wrote:Never mind that I posted the exact same thing in the game thread 10 minutes earlier!
The reader must also weigh the credibility of his sources.

:P