Sad the restaurant madness thread was locked

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Chesspieceface

Re: Sad the restaurant madness thread was locked

Post by Chesspieceface »

I'm not participating in these discussions any more as they honestly hurt my feelings, badly. I'm not out of sync with OO, I'm out of sync with myself and society as a whole... which tends to make a person feel crazy, if you can imagine. Or maybe have a shred of empathy.

I think a good number of posters here, like people everywhere, have rigidly inflexible worldviews and moral codes that don't take into account that your whole system is bullshit built on bullshit. Step out of the rat race for a second and see if any of the runners look happy.

I've posted in EBG looking for understanding on a person to person level, but even though a few are happy to do that, its overwhelmingly drowned out by the very vanilla and commonplace disapproval and I can get plenty of that from my family, thanks.

So in conclusion, I've finally realized that I really don't like most of you. I can think of maybe 6 posters that I don't feel harshly judged by when I share myself. I think a lot of the more vociferous posters are close-minded carrot-chasers who know how you should act because mommy and the good book said so.

See you in PC Games.

Ed: I'd just like to add that I don't blame people for being mindless carrot-chasers... It's only natural that if you spend a lifetime working for things, those things become very important to you. You will fight to defend what you have worked so hard for, even if its all nonsense, because you cannot bear to have your investment invalidated. And in this case, it is, its worthless. Everyone working hard for nonsense. You can't take it with you.
Last edited by Chesspieceface on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Chesspieceface wrote:I'm not participating in these discussions any more as they honestly hurt my feelings, badly. I'm not out of sync with OO, I'm out of sync with myself and society as a whole... which tends to make a person feel crazy, if you can imagine. Or maybe have a shred of empathy.

I think a good number of posters here, like people everywhere, have rigidly inflexible worldviews and moral codes that don't take into account that your whole system is bullshit built on bullshit. Step out of the rat race for a second and see if any of the runners look happy.

I've posted in EBG looking for understanding on a person to person level, but even though a few are happy to do that, its overwhelmingly drowned out by the very vanilla and commonplace disapproval and I can get plenty of that from my family, thanks.

So in conclusion, I've finally realized that I really don't like most of you. I can think of maybe 6 posters that I don't feel harshly judged by when I share myself. I think a lot of the more vociferous posters are close-minded carrot-chasers who know how you should act because mommy and the good book said so.
1. Quoted for historical purposes.

2. What OO gives to the individuals who frequent it has ever been a function of what they put into it.

3. Do not call up that which you cannot put down.

See you in PC Games.
4. It's better to burn out than fade away.
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Thanks for the wise rejoinders. I could see why you'd quote me for historical purposes since I have a history of deleting my posts and editing the past... (no I don't)... I left this lie for a month, but you are the Johnny on the Spot of insensitivity. Go You!
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Am I the only one that thinks Peacedog is out of line for resurrecting this thread, that was lying nicely dormant for three and half weeks thank you very much, and then poking CPF in the eye with a stick? Give your head a shake.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I try to stay out of stuff like this. I almost posted in the original thread a number of times and then backed out.

But yeah. I think this one should have stayed dormant.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Peacedog

Post by Peacedog »

Moat_Man wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Peacedog is out of line for resurrecting this thread, that was lying nicely dormant for three and half weeks thank you very much, and then poking CPF in the eye with a stick? Give your head a shake.
His assertion is inaccurate, and so what if the thread was lying dormant for three and a half weeks. I didn't actually read this thread until recently. Shit happens.

Unbreakable's ban, e.g., would have looked to some like a group of people had ganged up and piled on until Unbreakable exploded. It isn't what actually happened, but it would have looked like that to some people. OTOH, Lord Ebonstone's ban wasn't anything like that at all, and could only have looked like that to someone who was either (1) absurdly biased or possibly (2) Lord Ebonstone. Dirt's ban would have looked to some like what he described. Brettwmd's ban would have looked to some like what he described. Jblank's did not look like that. I can go on.

I don't go for the eyes.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Peacedog wrote:His assertion is inaccurate, and so what if the thread was lying dormant for three and a half weeks. I didn't actually read this thread until recently. Peacedog happens.
FTFY
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Sad the Sad the restaurant madness thread was locked thread was not locked.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

wonderpug wrote:Sad the Sad the restaurant madness thread was locked thread was not locked.
Winner. :)