Suggestion for forum consolidation

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Blackhawk

Suggestion for forum consolidation

Post by Blackhawk »

See? Even after I leave I have to keep mucking about.

JetFred's thread in the PC gaming forum got me thinking about this. The Trade Forum is nearly dead. Thanks to Steam, Steam sales, and online activation, nobody really trades games anymore - when they're even able to be traded. When we opened up, we had to start a new ELOG every year. The current one is seven years old. When I managed the Trader Feedback List it had to be updated once every two weeks or it became an hour long job. Now, the last page of feedback covers nearly a year and a half. In eight years of operation, we've had 56 pages of trade threads. The last year accounts for one and a half of that.

Game trading just isn't what it used to be. The worst part is that, because of the lack of activity, when someone does have something they want to trade, nobody sees it.

What about merging it with the Bargain Bin, itself a forum that is getting about three months per page? The content is similar in purpose (good deals.) It will increase activity and visibility for both types of threads, simplify management, and make the Trade Forum less depressing to look at.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Re: Suggestion for forum consolidation

Post by Daehawk »

I'm old and I'm sad.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"