Am I incredibly unobservant?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

stessier

Am I incredibly unobservant?

Post by stessier »

I just noticed the "Search this forum" field next to New Topic in each forum. Is this new or am I just incredibly unobservant? Because I've wanted to do that a lot in the past and really like having the option available.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Re: Am I incredibly unobservant?

Post by coopasonic »

Did you just change themes? It appears to only be available on the proSilver theme. My excuse for not seeing it is because I use subSilver2. What's yours?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Odin

Post by Odin »

I'm using the black & yellow GoneGold theme and I don't see this feature you speak of.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Yep, I use prosilver. I swear it is new though.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stessier wrote:Yep, I use prosilver. I swear it is new though.
I've been using it forever and I assume other people have been as well. How else to people link to or resurrect ancient threads.

I guess if you don't see it, you could always bookmark:

http://octopusoverlords.com/forum/search.php" target="_blank
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote:I've been using it forever and I assume other people have been as well. How else to people link to or resurrect ancient threads.
Well, at the top of each page on the right hand side is the Search box (in pro-silver). That's always been there and what I've always used in the past. It is not forum specific, though, until you go into Advanced Search.

The "Search this forum" is right next to the "New Topic" button at the top of each forum list of threads. That's what I find new and useful.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

stessier wrote:I just noticed the "Search this forum" field next to New Topic in each forum. Is this new or am I just incredibly unobservant? Because I've wanted to do that a lot in the past and really like having the option available.
Well as long as you don't notice the surveillance software then no worries 8-)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

ProSilver has both a search box and a 'search this forum' in each individual forum. Subsilver2 and Black Pearl (which is what I use) does not. They just have a generic link to the search page.

I wonder if there is an updated version of the two under-featured themes?

/edit - and, for that matter, why do we still have the Star Wars octopus? I thought he was just a temporary tongue-in-cheek stand-in for the regular logo. There are lots of things I show pride in - Episode 1 is not on that list.

:tjg:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

stessier wrote:Well, at the top of each page on the right hand side is the Search box (in pro-silver). That's always been there and what I've always used in the past. It is not forum specific, though, until you go into Advanced Search.
Black Pearl has no Advanced Search, but the generic Search page allows you to narrow down to a specific forum, so I guess it doesn't need these other shmancy features of which you speak.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

silverjon wrote:
stessier wrote:Well, at the top of each page on the right hand side is the Search box (in pro-silver). That's always been there and what I've always used in the past. It is not forum specific, though, until you go into Advanced Search.
Black Pearl has no Advanced Search, but the generic Search page allows you to narrow down to a specific forum, so I guess it doesn't need these other shmancy features of which you speak.
This software is racist. Us black pearls get no respect.
stessier

Post by stessier »

UPDATE:

I just noticed you can re-size the box we type posts in by grabbing the lower right hand corner. 10 years it took to notice what could be the best feature ever. ARGH!!!!