Broken Thread?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

stessier

Broken Thread?

Post by stessier »

Is anyone else getting weirdness on the last two posts of the Star Trek Into Darkness thread? The spoilers are all messed up and the page formatting is broken.

I've checked other threads and other spoilers and they all seem fine. I'm in prosilver.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: Broken Thread?

Post by ImLawBoy »

Looks weird to me, too. We'll have to wait for someone more technical than me to take a look at it, though.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

You have two begin spoiler tags, but only one to close.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

silverjon wrote:You have two begin spoiler tags, but only one to close.

You have this:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[quote="stessier"][quote="Isgrimnur"][spoiler]Also, why the hell do we need Khan to survive when we have 72 others genetically engineered to be just like him in cryotubes?  To the point where we're pulling one of them out to stick Kirk in it.  Was there some rare blood type establishing dialogue that I missed?[/quote]
[spoiler]Well, I mean, it was Khan's blood that was doing all the healing - of the girl at the beginning and of the tribble.  There's no guarantee that the others' blood would do the same.  Bird in the hand and all that jazz.[/spoiler][/quote]
There needs to be a [/spoiler] tag before the first [/quote] tag. Nested spoilers don't work.

So it would look like this:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[quote="stessier"][quote="Isgrimnur"][spoiler]Also, why the hell do we need Khan to survive when we have 72 others genetically engineered to be just like him in cryotubes?  To the point where we're pulling one of them out to stick Kirk in it.  Was there some rare blood type establishing dialogue that I missed?[/spoiler][/quote]
[spoiler]Well, I mean, it was Khan's blood that was doing all the healing - of the girl at the beginning and of the tribble.  There's no guarantee that the others' blood would do the same.  Bird in the hand and all that jazz.[/spoiler][/quote]
And yield this:
stessier wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, why the hell do we need Khan to survive when we have 72 others genetically engineered to be just like him in cryotubes? To the point where we're pulling one of them out to stick Kirk in it. Was there some rare blood type establishing dialogue that I missed?
Spoiler:
Well, I mean, it was Khan's blood that was doing all the healing - of the girl at the beginning and of the tribble. There's no guarantee that the others' blood would do the same. Bird in the hand and all that jazz.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

Yeah, I deleted Isgrimnur's spoiler tag close in my haste to post. I fixed mine and PM'd rshetts2 asking him to fix his quote of my mistake.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles