Inactive user housekeeping

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Inactive user housekeeping

Post by FishPants »

Cleaned out users that met the following criteria:

First pass: users joined after jan 1 2013, last active before may 1st 2013 with zero post count. Names looked like bots for the most part.

Second pass: users joined since jan 1 2008, last active before jan 1 2013 with a zero post count. Lots of bots, so,e normal looking handles.

Trying to keep our user db in decent shape.
No.
KKBlue

Re: Inactive user housekeeping

Post by KKBlue »

Thanks! I give you credit for getting to it on your OO to-do list. It's very rare for me to clear off a list. Sure I complete a lot of tasks but usually end up transferring items to another list because I know X won't get done till a few days from now. Good for you and good for us to have you ship shape the board.
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Next, you should get those who joined after 12 October 2004 whose usernames are listed in red (I think that means that they're bots).
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Quick note to any lurkers. We don't want to purge anyone who is not actually a bot so just be sure to at least log in once in a while to avoid Fishpants' shows of wrath and power. Or post a few times.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT