Links aren't opening in new tabs

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

cheeba

Links aren't opening in new tabs

Post by cheeba »

I have no idea how they are different exactly, but some links are opening in new tabs, others are opening in the same tab.
Biyobi

Re: Links aren't opening in new tabs

Post by Biyobi »

cheeba wrote:I have no idea how they are different exactly, but some links are opening in new tabs, others are opening in the same tab.
I'm getting this more and more as well. Happens for me in IE11 and Firefox beta 26, but only when I'm logged in. Take this link from over in the NFL thread:
noxiousdog wrote:As Jones gets to the sideline 40 yards away, he takes a step over. Video.
If I'm logged into OO then this link will open up in the same tab (bad). If I'm logged out of OO then the link will open in a new tab (good). I've gone through and deleted cookies from both browsers and get the same result.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Weird. They open in new tabs in Chrome.

Assuming you have a keyboard, you can always force them to open in new tabs using the CRTL key.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

I'm sure it was the last template upgrade at borked it. I'll look at it once (if) tapatalk is fixed (or I yank it out).
No.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Yeah it's obviously not a big deal, though I admit I'm a bit fascinated at how the links are treated differently. I'm using Firefox btw.

Take Daehawk's Battlestar Galactica thread. His first post, which links to an IGN article, pops out a new tab. In his 2nd post it links a couple videos, and those pop into the same tab.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

cheeba wrote:Yeah it's obviously not a big deal, though I admit I'm a bit fascinated at how the links are treated differently. I'm using Firefox btw.

Take Daehawk's Battlestar Galactica thread. His first post, which links to an IGN article, pops out a new tab. In his 2nd post it links a couple videos, and those pop into the same tab.
It's a manual modification to the template that is a point in time. Mod in, links open a new tab, mod out they don't (at the time of the posting not reading). Modifies the code used.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Testing some changes to hopefully fix this:

Link 1 test
Link 2 test
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

FishPants wrote:Testing some changes to hopefully fix this:

Link 1 test
Link 2 test
Hrmm.. That didn't work. I'll keep looking.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Link Test 3
Link Test 4
http://www.google.ca" target="_blank Test 4
http://www.google.ca" target="_blank Test 5
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

cheeba wrote:I have no idea how they are different exactly, but some links are opening in new tabs, others are opening in the same tab.
This should now be fixed.
No.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

FishPants wrote:
This should now be fixed.
Thanks, FP!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Thanks a bunch, FishPants!