Somebody broke my smilies

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Kraken

Somebody broke my smilies

Post by Kraken »

Since time immemorial, clicking the View More Smilies link has opened a small window and clicking a smilie has inserted it into a post.

Since yesterday (more or less), clicking that link opens the window in my current tab (replacing the post) and clicking a smilie does nothing. Right-clicking the link and opening either a new tab or a new window won't work, either. The smilies window dutifully appears as commanded but I can't select the smilies.

The page 1 smilies still work.

Is it just me, or did you take our smilies away? I use firefox with black pearl if that matters.
The Meal

Re: Somebody broke my smilies

Post by The Meal »

:icon-lol:
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
stessier

Post by stessier »

:confusion-helpsos:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Rip

Post by Rip »

Happens to me in chrome with black pearl as well.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Happens to me in Chrome/subsilver.

<----------------but I don't care!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Happens to me in Firefox. Just noticed it today at work and thought it might be the way my browser was set up but does it at home also.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

:angry-chillpill:

Working correctly from Safari, using Prosilver. And from Chrome running on a Mac.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Huh I wonder what the hell happened.. Did this literally just change in the past few days? I've done zero updates to the system or the board software; the only thing I can think of is the change I made quite some time ago to open links in a new tab -- not sure how that would affect it this way. I am going to go ahead and blame Tapatalk.. PoS.
No.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

FishPants wrote:Huh I wonder what the hell happened.. Did this literally just change in the past few days? I've done zero updates to the system or the board software; the only thing I can think of is the change I made quite some time ago to open links in a new tab -- not sure how that would affect it this way. I am going to go ahead and blame Tapatalk.. PoS.
I hadn't tried to use a smiley past the ones that pop up when you reply until yesterday. Still doing it today. To use them I have to right click on it and find the link and post it as an image url.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

FishPants wrote:Huh I wonder what the hell happened.. Did this literally just change in the past few days? I've done zero updates to the system or the board software; the only thing I can think of is the change I made quite some time ago to open links in a new tab -- not sure how that would affect it this way. I am going to go ahead and blame Tapatalk.. PoS.
I'm thinking it happened during the tapatalk work. I noticed it a couple weeks ago but figured it was just me.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Can also confirm in IE8 (yeah, I know).

Shift-clicking or ctrl-clicking "View more smilies" didn't seem to work in Chrome (new tab/window opened, but selecting a smilie did nothing). It does work in IE8. FWthat'sW.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Rip

Post by Rip »

Was this a politically motivated smilie outage? :lol: :lol:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Lassr wrote:
I hadn't tried to use a smiley past the ones that pop up when you reply until yesterday. Still doing it today. To use them I have to right click on it and find the link and post it as an image url.
I first suspected it on monday and confirmed it on tuesday.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Ok I'll try and look into this soon. Can anyone affected try all available templates and report back if all are affected or just one or two? That would help.
No.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

FishPants wrote:Ok I'll try and look into this soon. Can anyone affected try all available templates and report back if all are affected or just one or two? That would help.
OK. My problem surfaced in Black Pearl.

Pro Silver = :character-oldtimer: Working fine.

Subsilver 2 = broken, same behavior as black pearl

Using firefox.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kraken wrote:
FishPants wrote:Ok I'll try and look into this soon. Can anyone affected try all available templates and report back if all are affected or just one or two? That would help.
OK. My problem surfaced in Black Pearl.

Pro Silver = :character-oldtimer: Working fine.

Subsilver 2 = broken, same behavior as black pearl

Using firefox.
Ditto.

I use subsilver 2 normally and it does not work.
Pro Silver works fine.
Black=no worky either.

Using Firefox.

Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Not working on my Firefox sub-silver. But a bigger smilie issue for me is that the old sad smilie has the same code as the new sad smilie (this guy: :( ) and so the old guy never works. :(
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'm sorry to hear that you're sad so often. :(
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

MYT
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

:character-burgerking:

This should now be working in black pearl. I need to merge in the header changes to bring back the OO link, which I will do as I'm on some boring conference calls this afternoon. I'll replace the other templates affected shortly as well.
No.
Rip

Post by Rip »

FishPants wrote::character-burgerking:

This should now be working in black pearl. I need to merge in the header changes to bring back the OO link, which I will do as I'm on some boring conference calls this afternoon. I'll replace the other templates affected shortly as well.
:banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :banana-wrench: :bow-yellow:

:chores-chopwood: :chores-laundry: :chores-mop: :chores-mowlawn:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

:text-givemebeer:
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Ok this should be fixed for the three styles available on the board.. Of course when I did this I lost the OO link and links were no longer opening in new windows so I had to go back and redo those modifications as well.

Can someone verify that Tapatalk still works? That piece of shit is the only thing I can't test. :violence-sniperprone:
No.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Whatever version I am running in now (pro silver, sub silver, the default) now seems to run in some sort of frame. It's not a problem. It's just different.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

LordMortis wrote:Whatever version I am running in now (pro silver, sub silver, the default) now seems to run in some sort of frame. It's not a problem. It's just different.
I don't understand what you mean.
No.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I just started a thread to report that ALL text in Black Pearl is underlined now -- titles, posts, usernames, everything. Even the smilies had an underscore before and after the graphic.

Then it cleared up after I submitted my post. So I deleted it. I'm only reporting this in case your fix introduced some formatting weirdness.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Kraken wrote:I just started a thread to report that ALL text in Black Pearl is underlined now -- titles, posts, usernames, everything. Even the smilies had an underscore before and after the graphic.

Then it cleared up after I submitted my post. So I deleted it. I'm only reporting this in case your fix introduced some formatting weirdness.
Yeah I saw that and fixed it (forgot to close off an HTML tag when inserting the help OO amazon link).
No.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For a few minutes there, you had the font for that ad at around 76. I thought you were making a not so subtle reference that we should damn well be using it. :lol:
Covfefe!
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Yeah CSS font sizes are new to me, finding the right balance takes me a few tries :) I think the current 16px is suitably noticeable without being ignorant about it.
No.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Honestly, you should leave it that large so we damn well don't forget to use it! :wink:
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

FishPants wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Whatever version I am running in now (pro silver, sub silver, the default) now seems to run in some sort of frame. It's not a problem. It's just different.
I don't understand what you mean.
I've never had the forum in an obvious frame before.

The stuff in red is new to me.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

No idea.. I don't use the prosilver template very often so I can't tell you if that's new across the board or only you -- or for that matter if the most recent version of the template does that with the whitespace margins.
No.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

FishPants wrote:Ok this should be fixed for the three styles available on the board.. Of course when I did this I lost the OO link and links were no longer opening in new windows so I had to go back and redo those modifications as well.

Can someone verify that Tapatalk still works? That piece of shit is the only thing I can't test. :violence-sniperprone:
:romance-grouphug:

Black Lives Matter