Just a general thank you

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

JetFred

Just a general thank you

Post by JetFred »

I just wanted to say thanks to the whole community here for keeping this place running and mostly fighting off the degeneracy of the average discourse one finds on the internet. I've had to dip into the game forums on Steam too many times lately and that'll cause you to lose any faith you might have had left in the inherent goodness of humanity. So this place is important to me and I appreciate it.
:clap:

(And dang it I've got to quit forgetting to buy through the Amazon link!)
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Re: Just a general thank you

Post by Daehawk »

After being here a while you start thinking that the rest of the net is like this place until you venture out in it. Least I do.

Thanks for a home.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daehawk wrote:After being here a while you start thinking that the rest of the net is like this place until you venture out in it. Least I do.

Thanks for a home.
I don't venture out any more unless OO points me somewhere, where I will look and then come back.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

BOOBIES. :obscene-buttsmiley:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sorry..I try not to post those any longer. :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KKBlue

Post by KKBlue »

JetFred wrote: So this place is important to me and I appreciate it.
I'll jump in here and clap too!
We are making an annual donation as if paying dues for membership to do our part in keeping the forum up.
I have the OO Amazon bookmarked as a saved tab in/on my browser window. Think that sentence squeaks by grammatically as well as computer-ly correct :?:
"Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding!" - Betty White
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Another THANK YOU for the people that keep OO up and running 24/7.

OO is the ONLY internet forum that I visit and read on a daily basis, posting whenever the mood
strikes me.

It's the ONLY place that feels like home, with too many great people that trying to keep track of them
is an impossible task for me.

So if you are one of those people that keep the fires burning here, I SALUTE YOU! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And if you're just an average OO reader that's reading my words, thank you too.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

A reminder to all...I just did some Christmas shopping through the Amazon link.
I have but one advocate.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

JetFred wrote:A reminder to all...I just did some Christmas shopping through the Amazon link.
Yep. Maybe I'll come here to ask for suggestions to work trinkets for coworkers. Or maybe I'll hop on over Curiocity and ask Ironrod for the OO link.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks for the reminder - used it yesterday for a tablet purchase.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Can we do a published list again? I've bookmarked the link on the tablet, and want to make sure it's working.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Convenient reminder. Buying some PT stuff and some meter reading stuff right now and would have forgotten. :oops:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

At the risk of necroing an old thread, started posting here regularly a few weeks back. While I've "been a member" since 2008, I don't think I've regularly posted until recently.

I like that OO retains a specific "PC games"-only thread. Not to slight console games (I have a Vita, DS etc.), but I find that in a multiplatform thread category the PC threads get buried due to sheer larger volume in console threads. And I don't have a modern console anymore, so I'd rather just focus on PC games discussions.

So far in my limited experience here folks have been friendly, non-insulting -- no small compliment on the Internet today! :) -- and put up with my occasional whines (motion sickness gaming) and mini-rants, and I've enjoyed the discussions to date.

So thanks from me too. I'll look into donating or otherwise chipping in to help keep the lights on. Cheers. :D
Rip

Post by Rip »

No worries, unlike most places we are very much into thread necroing.

Glad we could be here to scatch your itch.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Although I think the opposite would be true here - this started as PC gaming forum. In fact, we used to have multiple PC-only sections, but they were a pain to moderate. Most of the people here are older and more mature, and most of us are PC gamers first and foremost, even those of us who own consoles (but not elitist snobs about it - well, other than a couple.) The console thread is hardly touched, and I find that most cross-platform games get discussed in the PC forum regardless of what they're played on. Just the way it should be - gaming is about the games.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Blackhawk wrote: Most of the people here are older and more mature
Well, older at least. ;)

I'm glad this thread was necro'd. I was just dropping into this section to thank the moderators and admins for doing a sterling job. Thanks, also, to the rest of the members because over the years we've become so much more civil.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter