Tapatalk upgraded

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

hentzau

Re: Tapatalk upgraded

Post by hentzau »

naednek wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:Tapatalk is much faster, formatted for small screens, has push notifications, one-step photo upload/tag, unread/subscribed/participated views, etc. I really don't understand how folks prefer web view, except perhaps on a 10"+ device.

ya the linking/uploading pictures is a huge advantage considering that it works compared to the web browser...
Did we ever get the issue fixed where uploaded pictures don't display if you don't use Tapatalk to view them?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yes. (That photo was uploaded from Tapatalk, and displays fine for me on my browser.)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

FishPants wrote:I really wish I understood why you guys use the plugin, it sucks compared to just the web view in my opinion.
You're a good man for continuing to support it, but to answer your question, I guess it's the same reason that apps on mobile devices are superior to their WWW counterparts in most cases. Why use the Amazon app instead of going to on Safari? Insert pretty much any X name there instead of Amazon, and it's hard to make a case against IMO.

Usually faster, easier to use, formatted exactly right, and specifically for this app, it remembers your last posts, and does some other things that vanilla browser on mobile just doesn't do.

Not to mention, it's universal, so I can use it (and do) for more forums than just OO.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

OK, Tapatalk, really don't like the latest update.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nor do I. Even on my 6 Plus, the Unread feed items take up way too much space and are hard to read.

But I still appreciate the efforts of our staff to support the ever-shifting target.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Assuming this is something you don't like but is "normal" according to Tapatalk, and not related to Fishpants patching while drinking whiskey?

*hic*

I feel a patch coming on.

:obscene-drinkingdrunk:
No.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

No. An "upgrade" to Tapatalk changed the interface for the worse (IMO).
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I got suckered into TestFlight, which means I get new versions early. 4.0.0 is now downloading for my testing purposes.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Any possibility of us getting gifv support? They load a lot faster than regular gifs, and would reduce the loading delay on larger images.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Is this a tapatalk thing, or a board thing?
No.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

... A board thing. :oops: