PW Reset Email not arriving

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

GreenGoo

PW Reset Email not arriving

Post by GreenGoo »

Heya,

Tried to reset my password and it accepted the email address I provided, but I never received a response from OO with the reset. I tried another possible email address and it rejected it as not being associated with my OO account, so it seems like the first one was correct. I tried it again about 30 minutes later and nada. That was 3 days ago.

What is my next step?
Rip

Re: PW Reset Email not arriving

Post by Rip »

Gotcha. You just took the next step. If for any reason you loose the ability to log in feel free to contact me at my e-mail rip at byteguru dot net.

If it isn't something we can resolve quickly I will reset it for you manually.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I just sent you a PM, but it looks like Rip is on top of things, and he's going to be much better at this than me.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok thanks. I have access from this workstation but the password is long gone/forgotten so I'm screwed on any new browsers.

No rush. Plus I can still read, I just can't post. Which some might argue is a net gain. ;)

If you attempted to send me another pw reset email today, I have not received it.
Rip

Post by Rip »

GreenGoo wrote:Ok thanks. I have access from this workstation but the password is long gone/forgotten so I'm screwed on any new browsers.

No rush. Plus I can still read, I just can't post. Which some might argue is a net gain. ;)

If you attempted to send me another pw reset email today, I have not received it.
PM me what you would like for an interim password. Will figure out what is happening to the e-mail after we have you fixed up.

Rip
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Mailddaemon checks out on my side; and I'm receiving mail from the server.. Perhaps a spam/junk mail filter?
No.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

FishPants wrote:Mailddaemon checks out on my side; and I'm receiving mail from the server.. Perhaps a spam/junk mail filter?
I was thinking that, but I thought I had gotten email from OO that made it through before so I didn't look.

I'll check tonight and if it turns out to be the case, I owe you guys an apology for time wasted.
Rip

Post by Rip »

GreenGoo wrote:
FishPants wrote:Mailddaemon checks out on my side; and I'm receiving mail from the server.. Perhaps a spam/junk mail filter?
I was thinking that, but I thought I had gotten email from OO that made it through before so I didn't look.

I'll check tonight and if it turns out to be the case, I owe you guys an apology for time wasted.
You owe us nothing, we are happy to help users figure out any problems encountered. That is what family does.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yep, that's what it was. Sorry about that. :oops:

Thanks for looking into it for me. All good now.
Rip

Post by Rip »

GreenGoo wrote:Yep, that's what it was. Sorry about that. :oops:

Thanks for looking into it for me. All good now.
Good to know.

Please take a moment to fill out our customer support survey. :D