Steam links broken in Black Pearl.

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Blackhawk

Steam links broken in Black Pearl.

Post by Blackhawk »

Moving this over from the gifting thread to avoid spinning that one off-topic. The discussion was about the Steam profile link no longer working in Black Pearl. I wanted to give specifics.
coopasonic wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:I was referring to the [Steam] button that used to be to the right of [Profile] and [PM] at the bottom if you put your Steam ID into your profile.
It might be a theme specific thing. I am prosilver and mine are on the left under my avatar and still work.

Note: I was afraid to post in this thread for fear you people would buy me games. Don't buy me games!
Ok, we're talking about different things. I switched to prosilver to take a look. You have XBox/Steam sections there that are apparently non-existent in Black Pearl (and have never been there), and trying to access the Gamer Tags section of the board preferences just gives me an error screen. There used to be a link to Steam profiles in Black Pearl entered in the Edit Profile page.

The link used to be here:

Clicking the Edit Gamer Tags section under Board Preferences gives this error:
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/black_pearl/template/ucp_profile_safegt.html does not exist or is empty

The Edit Profile page lets me enter my name, but hitting submit returns:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'user_steam' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Re: Steam links broken in Black Pearl.

Post by Zarathud »

Same issue. I'm also seeing a double "steam" field if i switch over to prosilver for my profile.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Likely from the failed upgrade attempt.. I will see if I can re-install it without too much hassle, otherwise we will have to see if there's something comparable on the new version of phpbb3.. I'm surprised at the lack of mods on the new version of phpbb3 still -- it's been out for well over a year, and there's not much out there.
No.
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Try now.. I think it may have nuked the database column for steam names; I can probably restore it from a database backup. Just test and see if it works now.
No.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

That works. I still get the error page if i click on 'Edit Gamertags', but that is solved by simply not clicking on 'Edit Gamertags.'

Thanks, FP. I probably wouldn't have even brought it up this close to the upgrade were it not for the Steam gift trading going on right now.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/black_pearl/template/ucp_profile_safegt.html does not exist or is empty
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:
That was the Edit Gamertags link, right? It works the old fashioned way if you go into Edit Profile and put in your Steam tag.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yup.

Thanks.
It's almost as if people are the problem.