Spam Private Messages

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Defiant

Spam Private Messages

Post by Defiant »

I got a spam private message from a CynthiaFaild (http://octopusoverlords.com/forum/membe ... le&u=21200)
dbt1949

Re: Spam Private Messages

Post by dbt1949 »

Likewise ditto.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Ditto likewise.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Haven't received, fwiw.

Looks like the post minimum before pming isn't implemented.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:40 amLooks like the post minimum before pming isn't implemented.
I was hit, and want to reiterate the quoted.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

It does appear to be on, but perhaps it isn't working on PMs for some reason. I've banned the spammer and bumped up the minimum count threshold, but that's the limit of my abilities on this matter. We'll have to let FishPants take a look at this.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was hit as well, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for more now that the :binky: are aware.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

FYI, you can report PMs. If you get one of these (other than from CynthiaFalid, who has already been banned), please report it so staff knows to ban the spammer.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Interesting I will look into this, I am currently away at a conference but this weekend I will have some time.. I need to get cracking on my studying as well as family stuff. Never a free moment! Sorry guys, I'll do what I can Saturday/Sunday.
No.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

It might be a good time to consider raising the post limit to something more reasonable as well. Maybe like 35,000 or so?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm It might be a good time to consider raising the post limit to something more reasonable as well. Maybe like 35,000 or so?
Moderator trolling :wink:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.