CR <3 Heroscape

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Jow

Post by Jow »

They didn't reprint wave 3, did they? been holding onto mine with intent to sell based on the fact that that wave was permanently out-of-print. Bah.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Jow wrote:They didn't reprint wave 3, did they? been holding onto mine with intent to sell based on the fact that that wave was permanently out-of-print. Bah.
They have them all (wave 3) listed on the Hasbro site, but I haven't seen them in stores recently.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Bob wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:(I am happy to see that early waves are being "reprinted" though... picked up a couple sets of commons I wanted more of)
I still haven't gotten any Templars. Though I did find a Road set on clearance for $14 bucks! Yay me.

Do you know if they are re-releasing the stealth agent guys? Think they are packaged with the highlanders. Kilts and Commandos, yeah.
$10 on the hasbro site at the moment, $10 for zombie horde too!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsBy ... 17081&PG=2
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Bob

Post by Bob »

Cool, I picked up another commando common. Been waiting for another set of those for awhile and didn't want to pay eBay prices ($15+ for just the commandos at the time.)
Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?
Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Once upon a time, someone mentioned a great webstore to purchase Heroscape sets from ... and now I can't remember it. Does anyone recall?

I've been searching for the Onyx Viper set (originally from a Walmart exclusive) and a few from Zanafor's Discovery (4) and Fields of Valor (7). *sigh*
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Dan_Theman wrote:Once upon a time, someone mentioned a great webstore to purchase Heroscape sets from ... and now I can't remember it. Does anyone recall?

I've been searching for the Onyx Viper set (originally from a Walmart exclusive) and a few from Zanafor's Discovery (4) and Fields of Valor (7). *sigh*
Onyx Vipers are going to be expensive.

If you order Full Waves (one of each Pack) you usally get good shipping from wherever you order from.

What are you looking for from 4?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Zanafor's Discovery (2006) — Wave 4

* Greeks & Vipers — 7 figures (4 Greeks, 3 Armoc Vipers), terrain, 2 army cards.
* Lawmen & Samurai — 6 figures (Deadeye Dan, Guilty McCreech, James Murphy, 3 Tagawa Samurai), terrain, 4 army cards.
* Heroes of Trollsford — 5 hero figures (Sudema, Valguard, Morsbane, Parmenio, Major X17), terrain, 5 army cards.
* Soulborgs & Elves — 7 figures (4 Gladiatrons, 3 Aubrien Archers), terrain, 2 army cards.

I saw Greeks & Vipers on the shelf at Walmart near me last week
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

"Where are you off to?"

Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Thanks, CR - that's the site. Greeks & Vipers is oddly enough the one set we do have over here from wave 4, but thanks for keeping a lookout. I'll keep poking my head into a few stores, as I might get lucky. Hmm - no wave 6 stuff at the site, either? Ah, well - soon enough, I suppose.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Which ones do you need from set 4?

edit: and that store usually has more in stock :cry:
"Where are you off to?"

Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Heroes of Trollsford, Lawmen & Samurai, and Soulborgs & Elves. I suppose $15 a peice isn't too shabby for those if I can't find them elsewhere. Thus far, I've only been able to find Onyx Vipers by purchasing the whole Walmart Exclusive set on Ebay, a last resort for me.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I was just heading up to Walmart for some groceries...

...if I see those up there I'll snag 'em as I'm pretty sure shipping would keep them under the 15 the e-stores want before shipping costs.
"Where are you off to?"

Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Thanks, CR - I appreciate it. :D
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

No luck tonight...

all of wave 6, and only the Greeks and Vipers from wave 4.

(I keep checking since I want some more wave 7...)
"Where are you off to?"

Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

That's okay - thanks for checking. I'll swing out tonight, myself, and hopefully get lucky.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

From what I've been reading store stock is going to be tight until the transfer over to WoTC is complete...couple this with general after-Christmas resets and it makes for very little HeroScape on thee shelves...
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Dan_Theman wrote:Heroes of Trollsford, Lawmen & Samurai
I found these two.
"Where are you off to?"

coopasonic

Re: CR <3 Heroscape

Post by coopasonic »

The 3rd pack of large heroes called Aquilla's Alliance was released June 13, 2008. The pack contains a Soulborg named Zetacron who fights for Jandar, a worm like Marro Hivelord named Wu-Sa-Ga who fights for Utgar, a large Dragon named Zelrig and an Ogre named Gurei-Oni both for Einar,and Sujoah, a giant insect-like creature who fights for Aquilla, the new General.

To go along with the 3rd large heroes pack, there is a new terrain pack. The Ticalla Jungle terrain pack features 3 jungle trees, 6 jungle bushes and a squad of Fyorlag Spiders who follow Aquilla. They are a common squad of 3 figures.

There is also the next figure expansion.It came out in stores in early June. Wave 8 - The Defenders of Kinsland. There are two unique packs. One pack is called Elves, and comes with 4 unique Elves. The other pack is the Hero pack named "Heroes of the Molten Sea". There are also two common packs, Soldiers & Wolves, and Marro Cavalry.
Why was I not made aware of these? I was in Wal-Mart at lunch looking for something to spend my leftover PS3 credit on and saw the Wave 8 figures and stared at them for 10 minutes trying to remember if they were new or not. I decided I needed to check or my wife would poke my eyes out. Now I need to get back there soon as they only had one of each!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Wow I guess I've been slackin'

There was a Tournament in Ann Arbor recently, and they had these as prizes (and also for sale)
----------------
Check 'em out
------------------
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Defenders of Kinsland Small Expansion Sets.

Heroes of the Molten Sea:

* Chardris »
* Moriko »
* Sir Dupuis »
* Kato Katsuro »
* Otonashi »

Elves:

* Ulginesh »
* Arkmer »
* Emirroon »
* Jorhdawn »

Marro Cavalry:

* Grok Riders »

Soldiers and Wolves:

* Wolves of Badru »
* 10th Regiment of Foot »

Heroscape Large Expansion Sets - Aquilla's Alliance

Heroscape Heroes of the Quagmire:

* Gurei-Oni »
* Wo-Sa-Ga »
* Zetacron »
* Zelrig »
* Sujoah »

Heroscape Large Expansion Sets - Ticalla Jungle

Heroscape Jungle Trees and Jungle Brush with Spiders:

* Fyorlag Spiders »
"Where are you off to?"

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I had these new expansions pre-ordered but I decided to cancel. I'll take my chances and pick up what I find in stores. Stupid grown-up responsibilities keeping me from buying toys!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Picked up the Defenders of Kinsland Small Expansion Sets.

Heroes of the Molten Sea:

* Moriko » - this Ninja has Special Attack of 6 dice broken into 1,2, or 3 dice (totalling 6) and is pretty cool.

* Kato Katsuro » - won the 500 pt game by taking the Izumi Samurai, 2 sets of Ashigau Harquebus, and 3 sets of Ashigaru Spearmen. The ability to use 2 squads of Ashigaru in a turn makes them decent units. Would love to try him in a higher point game with the other Samurai as well.

Elves:

* Emirroon » - the Summon ability gets units out of trouble, or even out of Combat (like the frenzy Elf Archers, or Sonlen too far from "home")

Haven't found the Large Hero Pack or the Jungle yet.
"Where are you off to?"

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I wasn't able to get the LE fig at GenCon this year. I got to the WotC booth by 10:03, and they had already given away all that they had for that day. I made a beeline for the booth, dammit!

(And then there was a vendor right next to the booth offering to pay people $15 for the fig. Grr.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

so, no "help me, obi hentzau, you're my only hope", eh?

Damn.

The Agent is going for fifty on ebay already.
"Where are you off to?"

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Did you all hear that Target and Toys R' Us will no longer be carrying any HS stuff anymore?
Jow

Post by Jow »

aw man. judging by the position (way off in the corner) of the WotC booth and the lack of visible Heroscape stuff anywhere near that booth, I assumed they weren't even giving out custom figures this year. I'm bummed to hear they actually did now - that's 50 bucks down the drain. :)
Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

Z-Corn wrote:Did you all hear that Target and Toys R' Us will no longer be carrying any HS stuff anymore?
That majorly sucks - does this mean the beginning of the end for Heroscape, or just the beginning of longer car rides while I hunt down the new releases?
Jow

Post by Jow »

Honestly, would the end of new product be such a bad thing for the game? Most of the people I know have moved on from the game only because trying to deal with the massive amount of product out there now makes the game an exercise in drudgery (either drafting from a gigantor group of army cards or trying to figure out which pieces to disallow from drafts to keep the draft base at a reasonable size, etc). You really CAN expand a game too much in my (hopefully humble) opinion and I feel like Heroscape went beyond that a few waves ago.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Dan_Theman wrote:
Z-Corn wrote:Did you all hear that Target and Toys R' Us will no longer be carrying any HS stuff anymore?
That majorly sucks - does this mean the beginning of the end for Heroscape, or just the beginning of longer car rides while I hunt down the new releases?
For me it means more mail-order in the future. Friendly Local Gaming Stores are supposed to be selling expansions now...
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I found the Wave 8 stuff at both the local Walmart and the place where I play Magic (Large Expansions at the latter only)
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

In future seasons each tournament day may have different army or battlefield rules. Since this is the first season all 6 game days will be using the same rules and maps. Each day you may bring a different army, however that army must be used for all tournament games played that day. 750 Point Army, 24 Starting Spaces. No MARVEL. No Glyphs. Only official White, Red/Blue, or Valkyrie dice allowed. Each game will be limited to 60 minutes, allowing the current round to be completely finished when the timer goes off, unless the first turn has not yet been taken.
SWEET!

A Best of 6 Series Tournament... In Jan Feb and Mar of 2009, a gamestore in Utica will be holding a Heroscape Season.

Entry fee each day with top score getting an expansion pack, at 6th tournament, your best 5 scores will determine who gets the Season Prize.
Each day players will play 5 games; there are no eliminations or buys so everyone is always playing. Points will be awarded each game for: a win (1 point), strength of schedule (0-4 points), how much of your opponent’s army you destroy (0-5 points), and how much of your army survives (0-5 points).
At the end of the year, the Champion of the Year may be named by having all four season champions battling it out on one large battlefield.
Man I may have to arrange to have these Saturdays available...
"Where are you off to?"

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Big armies! Sounds like a fun time...wish I lived closer...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Time to buy a shit ton of those revolutionary guys.

Let me know if you need additional figures to borrow.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Thinking about picking this up for me and my son (14). Is this a pretty good game for 2 people and any good deals out there for it?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Cortilian wrote:Thinking about picking this up for me and my son (14). Is this a pretty good game for 2 people and any good deals out there for it?
Get a crap load of figures and start whalin' on your kid, man!

Seriously though, I love Heroscape. Too bad I've burned out the Chicago gang on it. :(

I've played two player and it was quite fun. As I said though, the more figures the more fun. Choosing your army is one of the best parts of the game.
He won. Period.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Great game for 2.

But it's not cheap.
"Where are you off to?"

Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Amazon has the Master Set 1 and 2 combo for 80 bucks. Seems like it has everything you need to start playin. Or should I start with a different set?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Cortilian wrote:Amazon has the Master Set 1 and 2 combo for 80 bucks. Seems like it has everything you need to start playin. Or should I start with a different set?
Set 1 has all Unique, a decent mix of Hero and Squad, no need to get multiple of that.
Set 2 (Swarm) has a couple sets of the common Squads in it (I bought 2 of these to have plenty)
Common squads are better if you have 2-4 sets of them

Any expansions you see (the small packs) be careful to avoid buying multiples of Unique figures.

Having the 2 Base sets is indeed a great place to start. Plenty of terrain and enough variety to start with.

Read through this thread for info on the Squads and Heroes out there
"Where are you off to?"

Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

I ordered series 7 & 8 from housemousegames for my son for the holidays - I'm just waiting on the shipment to come in. I'm thinking he'll be thrilled (for some reason, all the stores around here stopped carrying the expansions).
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Walmart near me has the small packs. (including reissue of some earlier ones)
I have to go to a Game Store for the larger (Jungle) expansions.
"Where are you off to?"