Most awesomest gaming table EVER!!!

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

Most awesomest gaming table EVER!!!

Post by hentzau »

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Sultan.

(And I'm in the picture on the front page and the last picture of the photo page, for those of you stalking me...)
Last edited by hentzau on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Dan_Theman

Re: Most awesomest gaming table EVER!!!

Post by Dan_Theman »

WOW!!! - Hey, any discounts for fellow OOers? :lol: (I'm sure I could never afford it, but how much is it full-price, anyway?)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Dan_Theman wrote:WOW!!! - Hey, any discounts for fellow OOers? :lol: (I'm sure I could never afford it, but how much is it full-price, anyway?)
You misunderstand. I was in the last picture drooling on the table. I am not associated with the table manufacturer.

And it comes in just a hair under $10K.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

What? You were at GenCon, hentzau?

When I saw the table, my first thought was how cool this would look in hentzau's basement. Mine is too narrow, unfortunately.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Debris

Post by Debris »

I now know what I want to be buried in...
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Zarathud wrote:What? You were at GenCon, hentzau?

When I saw the table, my first thought was how cool this would look in hentzau's basement. Mine is too narrow, unfortunately.
I was there on Friday. And I thought the same thing.
Dan_Theman

Post by Dan_Theman »

My mistake, hentzau - and a sad one, at that (I'm sure an employee perk would be to have one of those in your basement, already ;-) )

Well, I know what I'll be saving up for once I make about ten billion dollars.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That is the awesomest gaming table I have ever seen. It's still not what I'd want if I were to custom make a table and if it's 10k, well that's crazy talk.

Changes I'd make, I'm not a fan of the serious recession in the table like it's a craps table or pool table. That makes it so you pretty much have to stand to be comfortable playing at it, which is fine for war gaming but not so much for board gaming, card gaming, and extended roll playing. I love the glass cover that I hope is easy to remove so you can put down different mats. I also would hope that below the mat and glass cover is felt so you can don't have to game on glass surface if you don't want to.
malichai11

Post by malichai11 »

I agree with Lord Mortis. For 10k, I expect a perfect table, and this isn't it. We have a very nice conference table that we game on, and it's almost too wide at 4.5 feet. This sucker would be uncomfortably wide. For boardgames and RPGs, I'd find the recessed table and the width to make gaming a pain. Pretty to look at, and all the bells and whistles are nice, but no thanks.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

The interior table surface has an adjustable height, so you can raise it and lower it depending on your needs. However, I do not think it can go completely flush with the rest of the tabletop.

And my beauty must have been too much for them, my pictures have been removed from the website.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would guess that most buyers will ask to be buried in this table....
He won. Period.
Windows95

Post by Windows95 »

Your link isn't working for me. :(
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Windows95 wrote:Your link isn't working for me. :(
Remove the "l" at the end of "coml" and it'll work.
Hodor.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

pr0ner wrote:
Windows95 wrote:Your link isn't working for me. :(
Remove the "l" at the end of "coml" and it'll work.
Fixed it. Sorry about that, they changed the URL on me and I did an edit and botched it.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

From what I read on Aaron Williams' blog, the $10K includes delivery and setup and you can still customize it more than what they show. I saw another one a few years ago that was similar but it even had message tubes built into the table so the GM could send secret messages to specific players :P

I'm also excited that The Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising has finally been released :) " target="_blank
Det. Dave

Post by Det. Dave »

IceBear wrote:From what I read on Aaron Williams' blog, the $10K includes delivery and setup and you can still customize it more than what they show. I saw another one a few years ago that was similar but it even had message tubes built into the table so the GM could send secret messages to specific players :P
:shock:

Oh wait. Messages not massages!!! For a second there, I was wondering what the heck a "massage tube" was and if I really wanted a table with them installed. I wouldn't want to get a secret massage via tube from any DM I know.
This is not the sig you are looking for.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

IceBear wrote:I saw another one a few years ago that was similar but it even had message tubes built into the table so the GM could send secret messages to specific players :P
This I need to see!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Beer Goggles

Post by Beer Goggles »

hentzau wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, The Sultan.

(And I'm in the picture on the front page and the last picture of the photo page, for those of you stalking me...)
Were you the dude with the socks pulled up to his groin?
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

The Meal wrote:
IceBear wrote:I saw another one a few years ago that was similar but it even had message tubes built into the table so the GM could send secret messages to specific players :P
This I need to see!
I don't think this is the one I saw before as it looks kind of shoddy compared to what I have in my memory, but it does have message tubes:

http://www.agyris.net/v3/ugt/default.asp" target="_blank
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Beer Goggles wrote:
hentzau wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, The Sultan.

Were you the dude with the socks pulled up to his groin?
Nope. I was the dude caressing the table with the love usually reserved for my wife.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hentzau wrote:Nope. I was the dude caressing the table with the love usually reserved for my wife.
With a dust rag and aresol can of Pledge?

(Not nearly as offensive a bottle of Windex and squeegie, which was my frist thought)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

LordMortis wrote:
hentzau wrote:Nope. I was the dude caressing the table with the love usually reserved for my wife.
With a dust rag and aresol can of Pledge?

(Not nearly as offensive a bottle of Windex and squeegie, which was my frist thought)
She's lemony fresh!
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Ah, finally! A month later, I click on the link and it works.
Yep. Nice table. 3 times what my custom-built entryway cost, but far more fun.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Is it waterproof? :cry:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Once upon a time I came up with a Cube Table design to have the (at the time) Favorite Games painted into the sides...

So you could just turn it to the side you wanted to play.

(alternatively, I guess we could have "rolled" it to decide...)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The only thing that table needs is a 6'x8' removable top piece so it can be used for proper wargaming, designed to be flush against two sides so that the drawers can still be accessed.

That and a Doritos dispenser.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We have a pretty nice D&D setup (obviously not 10k nice, but it cost practically nothing).

My friend's parents dining room table comfortably seats 6. As DM, I have two of those tall "TV tray" type wooden stands, one on either side. One serves as my laptop stand, the other for dice rolls, notes, etc. (The laptop runs a spreadsheet with vital party stats and an initiative/combat tracker). All the other players have a side tray for incidentals, drinks, etc.

I printed out a black and white grid (1" squares) on our plotter here at work and trimmed it to fit the table. We then bought a thin sheet of plexiglass that fits perfectly over the grid. the plexiglass works great with dry erase markers, so we draw all of our maps right on the grid. What's nice about the plexiglass solution vs. a whiteboard is that I can lay it over published maps and still have the ability to draw all over them.

His mom acts as our food dispenser.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

When I am done with rehearsals for this show, and I get the D&D game going again, I'm going to build a smaller table on legs to go on top of my dining room table. Have that table big enough to hold my write on/wipe off mat, about 6" high. That way everyones sheets can still fit on the table while we have the minis grid up and in use. Biggest drawback I can see is dice constantly rolling under the sub-table (super-table? Not sure what to call it...)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I still lament my development of ADD in my old age. Otherwise I'd be all up on that RPG stuff. God, I'd kill to run a Champions game. :cry:
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I found the gaming table I want. I just need living area that can contain it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0U272KRyLY" target="_blank
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I think that's the table that MASK used.
Black Lives Matter.
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

Last year, at BGG con, Geekchichq had demo tables set up in one corner of the main gaming room. During the awards ceremony/raffle, they gave away a Hoplite table. The tables are really nice. :wub:
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya
LordMortis wrote:I found the gaming table I want. I just need living area that can contain it.
Add Motors!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di9JoZ7Ommk" target="_blank