OO Boardgamers, what did you play this weekend?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: OO Boardgamers, what did you play this weekend?

Post by Isgrimnur »

What, no Arkham Horror 2nd Ed? No Talisman? No Axis and Allies? :snooty:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

10x10 - that's 100 games, one every 3.65 days. I'm not sure I'd commit to that right now. On the other hand, a 5x10 or 10x5 sounds both possible and worthwhile.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 pm 10x10 - that's 100 games, one every 3.65 days. I'm not sure I'd commit to that right now. On the other hand, a 5x10 or 10x5 sounds both possible and worthwhile.
It sounds like a lot, but two games per weekend isn't really all that much, which might make you wonder why I made it sound like a lot.... nobody in my family other than me really *likes* playing board games. :(
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

YellowKing wrote:I may remove Hellboy from the list, simply because there are < 10 missions in the box. Core Space on the other hand I think has 9 and an intro mission so that one should be OK.

I think the secret to any 10x10 is to focus on quick setup, 60-90 minute session type games. Otherwise it starts to feel too much like work.
Plus there are tons of missions for core space on the Battlesystems website.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Slowly going through the Christmas game haul, and got Machi Koro to the table today. It's a quite fun, simple, and quick game that we all really enjoyed. Almost 100% luck-based based though. Plus, Little B 11.10 won 2 out of the 4 games without ever even building a building that required two dice. That seemed kinda lame.

I'm halfway through the main campaign of LOTR: Journeys in Middle Earth, finished mission 7 last night. Really enjoying it now that it's not so ridiculously difficult and the app actually functions correctly. Amazing how much of a difference that makes. :lol:

Introduced the kids to Horrified today as well. Man, that game can be intense! We were down to the last terror marker space and the second to last monster deck card when the Creature dropped. We got super lucky that he rolled two blanks on his last attack, otherwise we would have died. Was a blast!

Quick Horrified rules clarification. If a Villager spawns on the same location as a monster, can the monster then kill them on that same turn? If so, we might make a house rule on that. It happened 4 times in the first 6 turned in our first game today, and felt kinda cheap.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

hepcat wrote:I got an early Christmas present of Dune Imperium Wednesday. I’m playing it solo now and it’s superb. I love everything this game does. You can see about 3 or 4 other game mechanics once you start playing, but they work great together.
I picked this up yesterday on impulse, thanks to very positive word of mouth from the Solo Board Game group I'm a member of on Facebook. It's getting a little hard to find due to the popularity, but I ran across it in a local bookstore (at a miraculously uninflated price + my 10% discount), which allowed me to pick it up about as cheap as possible.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I've watched a couple of videos. I don't have much familiarity with the IP, but one thing that sold me is how quick and easy the AI seems to be to run. I'm a BIG fan of easy-to-run AI decks where I can speed through my opponents turn and then utilize the bulk of my game time on my own decisions.

Looking forward to trying it out this week!
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I played Kanban EV yesterday. It was the second game for all of us, and with some experience under our belts we all played much, much better. I won by a small margin, largely thanks to an early decision to focus heavily on SUVs.

We included the "supercharger" expansion module this time around, and I really like how it tweaks gameplay. It makes the Administration worker space, which is usually the fallback option when you can't into get the space you want, much more viable.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:50 pm I played Kanban EV yesterday. It was the second game for all of us, and with some experience under our belts we all played much, much better. I won by a small margin, largely thanks to an early decision to focus heavily on SUVs.

We included the "supercharger" expansion module this time around, and I really like how it tweaks gameplay. It makes the Administration worker space, which is usually the fallback option when you can't into get the space you want, much more viable.
EV... supercharger... confused.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

YellowKing wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:25 pm
hepcat wrote:I got an early Christmas present of Dune Imperium Wednesday. I’m playing it solo now and it’s superb. I love everything this game does. You can see about 3 or 4 other game mechanics once you start playing, but they work great together.
I don't have much familiarity with the IP
You should fix that! The original Dune (and it's sequel to a lesser extent) is great.
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:00 pm
AWS260 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:50 pm I played Kanban EV yesterday. It was the second game for all of us, and with some experience under our belts we all played much, much better. I won by a small margin, largely thanks to an early decision to focus heavily on SUVs.

Sorry, "Speedcharger" expansion. But it's clearly a reference to Tesla's "supercharger" changing stations.
There are even charging-station meeples that look vaguely like Tesla's superchargers.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

AWS260 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:42 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Sorry, "Speedcharger" expansion. But it's clearly a reference to Tesla's "supercharger" changing stations.
There are even charging-station meeples that look vaguely like Tesla's superchargers.
It is possibly concerning that I missed that meaning of supercharger. I OWN A DAMN TESLA!

In my (weak) defense I have never used a supercharger.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:46 pm In my (weak) defense I have never used a supercharger.
Well, based on my experience with the game, I can tell you that superchargers are very good at making automobile production more efficient.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I played a 4-player session of Dune: Imperium last night. It's a worker placement / deck building game that's already been talked about in the solo games thread. As Duke Leto, I came in a respectable third. Thought I had a shot during the final round, but the eventual winner stole my alliance with the Bene Gesserit (a 2-point swing), then played an intrigue card that let him stomp me on the battlefield (netting him 2 more points).

It's a very well-designed game. The worker placement is very tight, since you start with only 2 workers and max out at 3. The cards can combo in interesting ways, and the end-of-round battle really complicates decision-making. My only complaint is that it runs a bit long for what it is. Our game went 3 hours, but didn't really have the epic feel that I hope to get from games of that length.

We also played 3-player The King Is Dead as a warm-up. It is fast and fantastic! You're manipulating three factions vying for control of Britain while jockeying for influence in those factions. At game end, whoever has the most influence in the most powerful faction wins. The kicker is that you only have 8 unique actions in total for the entire game. Loved this one.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

hentzau wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm
YellowKing wrote:I may remove Hellboy from the list, simply because there are < 10 missions in the box. Core Space on the other hand I think has 9 and an intro mission so that one should be OK.

I think the secret to any 10x10 is to focus on quick setup, 60-90 minute session type games. Otherwise it starts to feel too much like work.
Plus there are tons of missions for core space on the Battlesystems website.
I ended up getting the starter set earlier this week after I noticed it on sale in a ding and dent condition. I don't really care if the box has a small chunk torn out of a corner, so I grabbed it a little cheaper than normal.

So far I'm still reading the rules and assembling the terrain. The fact that I don't have to assemble the minis is a huge plus for me.

It feels like the perfect compliment to Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I can see using the terrain in both games.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Check out the Urban Apocalypse terrain sets on the Battle Systems site.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Believe it or not, I played my first game of Settlers of Catan (Yes, that's what it says on the box cover!) 2 days ago! I've owned the game and the 5-6 player expansion for about 6 or 7 years. It finally came off the shelf of shame.

A friend was visiting from Colorado, so my wife and I decided to try a new game for us. My friend had played a couple years ago but was too fuzzy to teach the game to us. My wife was ready to quit and go to bed early after about a half hour of rule book reading. We convinced her to stay. Man, did she ever wake up when the game started though! I'm not sure I've ever seen that competitive side of her before.

We had to pause for the night and resume the next evening. I won because we all kept rolling 5's which gave me 2 (and eventually 3) ore cards. I got lucky several times that nobody rolled a 7 because I had too many cards in my hand on lots of occasions. I was able to trade 4 ores for wood or wheat and not lose the cards I needed to keep.

I got the necessary 10 points, my wife had 8, and my friend had a lousy 4. I'm sure this one will come off the shelf the next time a few friends come over!! :lol:
disarm

Post by disarm »

We borrowed Ubongo! from the local library yesterday and gave it a try. It's an interesting game where players compete against each other and a timer to fit tetris-like pieces into certain shapes on puzzle cards. The player who solves their puzzle the quickest get first opportunity to pick prize gems from the board, but anyone else who completes their puzzle before time is up also gets gems. When time runs out, all players trade in their puzzle card for a new one and you go again. the player with the most gems of a single color once all the puzzle rounds are completed is the winner.

We've only played once with two adults and two kids, and it was fun. The puzzles are something that anyone can solve given enough time, but the pressure of doing it faster than everyone else, and before a 45-second timer runs out, maintains tension in the game. The problem I can see, however, is that some people are clearly more talented at visual puzzles than others. I was often the first solver, while one of the kids only managed to complete one puzzle in nine rounds. Everyone still had fun, but you could tell one person was getting a little frustrated. I think that's the general problem with puzzle games and players of varied ages/abilities...not always fun when one or two people seem to have an advantage just because they have a better knack for that type of puzzle. I'm glad we tried the game though...will give us a few more fun evenings before going back to the library in a couple weeks.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

I usually play games with my three boys on the weekends that I have them.

The Crew was one of my Christmas gifts and we got that out again this weekend. They like card games, and this one is nice for making everyone feel like they have a chance to shine, or screw up sometimes, but each round is short and sweet and you'll just try again if it doesn't work. For those who haven't played it yet, it's a coop trick taking game with a sequence of goals that get progressively harder, e.g. player one must take a trick with the blue six and player two has to take the trick with the green 3.

This weekend we also completed the base set mission from the Arkham Horror card game. Such an interesting game. Lots of drama and decisions and consequences and failure and relief if you can get something to work out. But also an expensive game. For the four of us we had to buy two base sets, as I'm sure some of you know who are familiar with it. I suppose it will be more efficient to get expansion sets now since we'd only need one of them.
No sig, must scream, etc.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

We played Imhotep: The Duel, a 2-player version of the excellent Imhotep. It does a great job of evoking the experience of the original, but uses a new resource-gathering mechanism that's better suited to two players. Easy to learn and plays fast. My better half kicked my butt.

Next up is Seastead, another recent acquisition for 2 players. We didn't have enough time to get it played this weekend, but I went through the rulebook, and there's an awful lot of game in that small box. Multiple types of actions, workers, and resources, with opportunities to shift the board state in significant ways. I think this might be a bit too crunchy for family play, but we'll see.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Another new game this weekend...Menara!

It's a cooperative, dexterity game where players draw cards with instructions that must be followed to add support columns or a new floor to a growing tower each turn. The goal is to build the tower to a minimal required number of floors before the game ends. The catch? Any time a player fails to complete the card they draw during their turn, the number of floors required to win increases by one. This makes planning ahead and working together essential.

We played four rounds of this one over the weekend and everyone really had a lot of fun. It's conceptually simple enough that my 6yo could play without any real help, but still very challenging for both kids and adults. I think the kids really enjoyed the addition of hands-on building of the tower instead of just thinking and playing cards/pieces on a board. Watching the tower grow, and in some cases come crashing down, makes for a very exciting game. I definitely recommend checking it out if you're looking for a fun family game!

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

We finally took a loss in our 9th game of Pandemic Legacy Season Zero (August). We were 2 turns away from adequate but we failed to keep events from spiraling out of control. On the plus side I am excited about the boost to our budget for the retry.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Got a game of Dune Imperium started on Saturday afternoon over tabletop simulator with zarathud, Archinerd and RMC. It was brutal. Almost 5 hours of 4 guys clawing each other to death over those precious few victory points. Of course, about an hour to 90 minutes was rules explanations, and another half hour was spent on my running to the fridge for beer.

I still love this game. The tightness really makes you get suspicious of those intrigue cards whenever someone gets one. And the deck building is more urgent when you factor in trying to get the ones that can also get you where you need to go on the board.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Put together my first insert from Folded Space for the Roll Player Big Box. I haven't actually loaded the components yet, but I am impressed at how easy it was to glue and assemble considering how many different trays there are. I may be a convert, sorry Broken Token!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:41 pm I may be a convert, sorry Broken Token!

Zarathud...right now.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Meeple Realty looked like they had a decent organizer for Roll Player.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

A bunch of guys at work were pushing Folded Space so I was looking for something to give them a chance.

I think I have something from meeple realty (maybe Tash-Kalar).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

This week I played For What Remains, a two-player skirmish game from the designer of Undaunted: Normandy and Pavlov's House. It's quite different from both, although closer to Undaunted in that it's about small units moving and shooting on a map.

It's a simple and fast-moving system, and I had a good time watching my opponent's humans methodically tear apart my mechs. Still, skirmish games are not really my jam, and this isn't going to change my mind.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

coopasonic wrote:Put together my first insert from Folded Space for the Roll Player Big Box. I haven't actually loaded the components yet, but I am impressed at how easy it was to glue and assemble considering how many different trays there are. I may be a convert, sorry Broken Token!
Good to hear. I ordered the Wingspan + Euro Expansion insert. Though I'm going to try to get the Oceanic Expansion in there as well. They provide a space for the birdhouse dice tower which I don't typically use, which should provide plenty of room for some extra stuff.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

AWS260 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm It's a simple and fast-moving system, and I had a good time watching my opponent's humans methodically tear apart my mechs. Still, skirmish games are not really my jam, and this isn't going to change my mind.
I really wanted to get this, but the price and the component quality really seemed to be mismatched. I love Pavlov's House (same designer) but the component quality really detracts from the game play for me. I'm not normally so critical of components, but it feels like the rest of the industry is really trying to elevate the experience and DVG is still low balling everything. It's so frustrating because this game looks like something I'd really enjoy, but deep down I know I'd be angry over the bits. Stupid, I know.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm I really wanted to get this, but the price and the component quality really seemed to be mismatched.
It's not great, that's for sure. The art is fine, but the modular map tiles are really thin paperboard and slide around easily -- which is a problem, because you need to keep them lined up to gauge line-of-sight.

I actually think For What Remains would work very well as a miniatures game, and a smarter publisher probably could have gotten a lot of traction for it on Kickstarter with minis and higher overall production values.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

I never post what I've played here, but now that I make videos about it, I might as well post the video :D

For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing Ezekiel!
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:30 pm
AWS260 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm It's a simple and fast-moving system, and I had a good time watching my opponent's humans methodically tear apart my mechs. Still, skirmish games are not really my jam, and this isn't going to change my mind.
I really wanted to get this, but the price and the component quality really seemed to be mismatched. I love Pavlov's House (same designer) but the component quality really detracts from the game play for me. I'm not normally so critical of components, but it feels like the rest of the industry is really trying to elevate the experience and DVG is still low balling everything. It's so frustrating because this game looks like something I'd really enjoy, but deep down I know I'd be angry over the bits. Stupid, I know.
There have been some expansions for their Leader series of games that just arrived and they have a bunch of QC problems. The one I got (Hornet Leader) had issues on some counters (but the counters themselves are pretty good quality at least) and I found that the paper stock they used for the campaign sheets was pretty flimsy. I compared them to the campaign sheets that came with the original game which dated back to 2010 and they’re thicker and pretty solid. Dodged a bullet since I didn’t go in on their B-17 Leader expansion which is actually missing items. If you want to be entertained, you can read the various threads about the Warfighter upgrades and people confused about how many of the cards are being replaced or even if they should be replaced, should duplicates be removed, etc. Also their publishing of errata packs for the price of shipping used to be tolerable but I think they’ve pissed that goodwill away. There was a game I bought from Compass Games that had a big error on a counter sheet and they just mailed replacements out to people for free and it arrived in a few weeks vs having to wait on a Kickstarter delivery cycle a la DVG.

I like many of the games DVG has published and I also own quite a few of them. I think however that I’m at peak DVG ownership and don’t really feel the need to order more.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That’s where I’m at after the crappy quality of Pavlov’s House. They want to charge a premium but in return they offer bottom shelf quality.
Covfefe!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

hepcat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:09 pm That’s where I’m at after the crappy quality of Pavlov’s House. They want to charge a premium but in return they offer bottom shelf quality.
Every so often I’d look at Pavlov’s House because it seemed like a good solitaire game but the quality issues scared me off. Too bad GMT didn’t publish the game.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

$iljanus wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:15 pm Every so often I’d look at Pavlov’s House because it seemed like a good solitaire game but the quality issues scared me off. Too bad GMT didn’t publish the game.
It's such a great game with bargain-bin components. It's so depressing to me because the designer is fantastic. When I look at a game like Undaunted and see the difference in component quality in a DVG title vs Osprey it's beyond frustrating. GMT has upped their game (no pun intended) over the last few years and really started to make better quality components and manuals. DVG is consistently a problem (physical products and errata). I'm getting ready to post something over in the solo thread about a game I purchased from Compass games - same story. Insanely high price and horrible quality. For whatever reason, there seems to be some kind of attitude I've noticed with war gaming to just settle for all this - enjoying a game that's a mess is like a badge of honor.

I know it sounds snobby, but when you have dozens of games to choose from, it's becoming easier and easier to disregard a game that feels like a low quality print-and-play and/or has rules that you need to spend hours reading updates and fixes for.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:25 pm
$iljanus wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:15 pm Every so often I’d look at Pavlov’s House because it seemed like a good solitaire game but the quality issues scared me off. Too bad GMT didn’t publish the game.
It's such a great game with bargain-bin components. It's so depressing to me because the designer is fantastic. When I look at a game like Undaunted and see the difference in component quality in a DVG title vs Osprey it's beyond frustrating. GMT has upped their game (no pun intended) over the last few years and really started to make better quality components and manuals. DVG is consistently a problem (physical products and errata). I'm getting ready to post something over in the solo thread about a game I purchased from Compass games - same story. Insanely high price and horrible quality. For whatever reason, there seems to be some kind of attitude I've noticed with war gaming to just settle for all this - enjoying a game that's a mess is like a badge of honor.

I know it sounds snobby, but when you have dozens of games to choose from, it's becoming easier and easier to disregard a game that feels like a low quality print-and-play and/or has rules that you need to spend hours reading updates and fixes for.
Hey, that wouldn’t happen to be Combat from Compass Games? That’s the game that had the counter sheet replacement sent for free. On the other hand, the counter quality was pretty poor and for 99 bucks you got a paper map. Not even card stock panels but a folded map. The solitaire system was pretty good at least and I enjoyed playing it. On the other hand, I ordered this game called Devil Boats: PT Boats in the Solomons from Compass (left a review on BGG) and the components were top notch, I’m enjoying the game and it was a lot cheaper than 99 dollars.

And it’s not snobby but it’s the free market in action with maybe a little goodwill at times to try to support a small publisher.
Black lives matter!

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:25 pm
It's such a great game with bargain-bin components. It's so depressing to me because the designer is fantastic.
You backed Dire Alliance, right?
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:54 pm You backed Dire Alliance, right?
I did - largely, in part, because he's a designer. He's working on a few other war games right now and I'm hoping he's not exclusively with DVG for them. One is allegedly a game on U.S. Army Rangers and it would kill me to have it all half-assed by DVG.
$iljanus wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:49 pm Hey, that wouldn’t happen to be Combat from Compass Games? That’s the game that had the counter sheet replacement sent for free. On the other hand, the counter quality was pretty poor and for 99 bucks you got a paper map. Not even card stock panels but a folded map. The solitaire system was pretty good at least and I enjoyed playing it. On the other hand, I ordered this game called Devil Boats: PT Boats in the Solomons from Compass (left a review on BGG) and the components were top notch, I’m enjoying the game and it was a lot cheaper than 99 dollars.

And it’s not snobby but it’s the free market in action with maybe a little goodwill at times to try to support a small publisher.
It is indeed. Retail price straight from the publisher is $140, by the way. Devil Boats was a KS, wasn't it? I wonder if they raised more money and were able to splurge for better components. I keep seeing mixed reviews for it though. Not sure if it's a love/hate relationship with the style of game or what.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:59 pm
hepcat wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:54 pm You backed Dire Alliance, right?
I did - largely, in part, because he's a designer. He's working on a few other war games right now and I'm hoping he's not exclusively with DVG for them. One is allegedly a game on U.S. Army Rangers and it would kill me to have it all half-assed by DVG.
$iljanus wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:49 pm Hey, that wouldn’t happen to be Combat from Compass Games? That’s the game that had the counter sheet replacement sent for free. On the other hand, the counter quality was pretty poor and for 99 bucks you got a paper map. Not even card stock panels but a folded map. The solitaire system was pretty good at least and I enjoyed playing it. On the other hand, I ordered this game called Devil Boats: PT Boats in the Solomons from Compass (left a review on BGG) and the components were top notch, I’m enjoying the game and it was a lot cheaper than 99 dollars.

It is indeed. Retail price straight from the publisher is $140, by the way. Devil Boats was a KS, wasn't it? I wonder if they raised more money and were able to splurge for better components. I keep seeing mixed reviews for it though. Not sure if it's a love/hate relationship with the style of game or what.
I pre-ordered Combat so I got it for the "bargain" price of $99. Devil Boats was a pre-order and later did a KS. I'll happily expound about that game when I get home later. Or you can read my BGG review! :D https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/258121 ... ponent-rev
Black lives matter!