Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

OO Boardgamers, what did you play this weekend?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: OO Boardgamers, what did you play this weekend?

Post by Isgrimnur »

What, no Arkham Horror 2nd Ed? No Talisman? No Axis and Allies? :snooty:
Black lives matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

10x10 - that's 100 games, one every 3.65 days. I'm not sure I'd commit to that right now. On the other hand, a 5x10 or 10x5 sounds both possible and worthwhile.

Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 pm 10x10 - that's 100 games, one every 3.65 days. I'm not sure I'd commit to that right now. On the other hand, a 5x10 or 10x5 sounds both possible and worthwhile.
It sounds like a lot, but two games per weekend isn't really all that much, which might make you wonder why I made it sound like a lot.... nobody in my family other than me really *likes* playing board games. :(
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

YellowKing wrote:I may remove Hellboy from the list, simply because there are < 10 missions in the box. Core Space on the other hand I think has 9 and an intro mission so that one should be OK.

I think the secret to any 10x10 is to focus on quick setup, 60-90 minute session type games. Otherwise it starts to feel too much like work.
Plus there are tons of missions for core space on the Battlesystems website.
"Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia