[Boardgame] Do you think she'll notice?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

LordMortis

Re: [Boardgame] Do you think she'll notice?

Post by LordMortis »

I hepcatted out today and ordered

Quarriors
Quarriors expansion
Arcana
Tobago
Dungeon Run

I'm pretty good though. I only seem to do this twice a year.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Thanks for the reminder. I just added a couple Formula D expansions from CSI to my amazon wish list.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My Fed Ex has been leaving Grove City OH (about 3 hours from Taylor or Livonia) since 22:45 last night and has not arrived at either spot around me yet. I fear I will not take delivery today and hope that something hasn't gone drastically wrong.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Revisiting this topic from so long ago, just to see how my purchase fared:

Sold without playing a single time:
1 - Claustrophobia Board Game (New, Board Games, Asmodee Editions) at $43.99 each
1 - Ghost Stories Board Game (New, Board Games, Asmodee Editions) at $32.99 each

Played once or twice and sold (or planning to sell/dump/donate):
1 - DungeonQuest (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $38.99 each
1 - Catan: The Kids of Catan Board Game (New, Board Games, Mayfair Games) at $39.20 each
1 - Dominion Board Game (New, Board Games, Rio Grande Games) at $27.99 each
1 - Gopher It! Card Game (New, Board Games, PlayRoom Entertainment) at $6.49 each
1 - Monkey Memory Card Game (New, Board Games, PlayRoom Entertainment) at $6.49 each
1 - Sherlock Card Game (New, Board Games, PlayRoom Entertainment) at $6.99 each

Played multiple times:
1 - Go Away Monster! Board Game (New, Board Games, Gamewright) at $7.99 each
1 - Hisss Card Game (New, Board Games, Gamewright) at $8.99 each
1 - Carcassonne: Kids of Carcassonne (New, Board Games, Rio Grande Games) at $18.99 each
1 - Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft Board Game (New, Board Games, Wizards of the Coast) at $42.49 each
2 - Pokemon HS - Undaunted - Booster Pack (New, CCG, Pokemon HS Undaunted ) at $2.59 each
1 - Pokemon HS - Undaunted - Daybreak Theme Deck (New, CCG, Pokemon HS Undaunted) at $8.99 each
1 - Pokemon HS - Undaunted - Nightfall Theme Deck (New, CCG, Pokemon HS Undaunted) at $8.99 each

The kids have aged past Go Away Monster, but the others are still in play. $100 value out of a $300 purchase. I probably recovered another $60-70 on the games that have been sold. I've made worse investments. You should see my RC car collection. :shock:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Coop, I sometimes believe you are my long lost brother...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

You didn't like DungeonQuest? My main concern would not be losing $150 - $200, but the fact that you have no soul.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

That reminds me, I have a few games for my kids from Christmas that I haven't even unboxed yet.

At least your board games aren't spilling out of your bedroom and into your dining room, like hepcat. I haven't been able to buy much for the last 5 months because he keeps buying everything I want to try, plus games I haven't even heard about.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon