D-Day Dice Kickstarter

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

Re: D-Day Dice Kickstarter

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Sign up at UPS yet to avoid this kind of thing in the future? :)
I was under the impression the fault lies between the developer and UPS, not UPS and Smoove_B. Maybe I'm wrong.

Still nothing, and I'm guessing we're looking at some time next week now.
If you're non-comm level, they haven't even started packing those yet.
Covfefe!
Tommy20

Post by Tommy20 »

Just for the record; we are Utah Beach's Bitches.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Nice to finally get an update on the shipping status, and they seem genuinely upset/frustrated about what's happened.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Tommy20 wrote:Just for the record; we are Utah Beach's Bitches.
QFT. That was brutal.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Daveman wrote:Nice to finally get an update on the shipping status, and they seem genuinely upset/frustrated about what's happened.
Still no shipping notice for moi. It's a little frustrating, to be honest. It will be in stores in early august. If it weren't for all the swag I'm getting from being a supporter, I'd say it hasn't been worth it.
Covfefe!
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

hepcat wrote:
Daveman wrote:Nice to finally get an update on the shipping status, and they seem genuinely upset/frustrated about what's happened.
Still no shipping notice for moi. It's a little frustrating, to be honest. It will be in stores in early august. If it weren't for all the swag I'm getting from being a supporter, I'd say it hasn't been worth it.
Oh, I haven't gotten any personal notifications about my order yet either, I was referring to their latest Kickstarter update where they explain the mess they've made of shipping... everything that should have been done "in a few days" still isn't done 10 days later, the UPS notification mistakes, etc.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/132 ... game/posts" target="_blank
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I'm at the lowest-level of support and I'm guessing that means it will be another week or possibly two until it arrives. If I'm reading the update correctly, the $50 tier has been packed and is now ready for shipment. The final tier ($35) is up next for packing and shipment.

/sigh
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Actually, on bgg a few of the 35 dollar supporters have received shipping notices.
Covfefe!
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time getting your games. Cause, quite frankly, it's awesome.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm is pure it will be...until the next shiny toy catches our eye. We're a fickle lot.
Covfefe!
Tommy20

Post by Tommy20 »

Hep, you're just going to have to come to Hentzau's to try it Monday...
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

UPS just dropped off the gigantic box of goodies. I knew what I was getting, but it's so much when you actually see it. I'm quite surprised that it's here, but there you go.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Did you get a shipping notice?
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Nope. Not a thing...and based on that last update I really wasn't expecting it until next week. Maybe they're under-promising and over-delivering.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If mine doesn't arrive today, I'm going to have to assume that they f'd up my delivery. I should have received mine before all the enlisted level pledges by now according to that last kickstarter update. I dread having to go through customer service to get this taken care of. :(

edit: and mine was just dropped off while at the office. The box is certainly bigger than I expected.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Latest update: Everything has been shipped. All packages expected to be delivered by 7/27. If you don't have at least a tracking number by then, they will look it up for you via e-mailed request.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hepcat wrote:If mine doesn't arrive today, I'm going to have to assume that they f'd up my delivery. I should have received mine before all the enlisted level pledges by now according to that last kickstarter update. I dread having to go through customer service to get this taken care of. :(

edit: and mine was just dropped off while at the office. The box is certainly bigger than I expected.
YAY!!!
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Happy to report my Enlisted-level copy magically arrived today here in NJ... though I still didn't get any notifications at all. I've got everything sorted out and hope to try it out tonight.
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

for those of you that have this...and those of those that sleeve their cards....what sleeves should I get? This will be the only game I have ever sleeved (except for the China Card in Twilight Struggle).

Chris
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
Lypewaype

A Simple Self-help guide to Acquiring the most recognized Pa

Post by Lypewaype »

spammy spam
Last edited by EvilHomer3k on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So, it's been a decade. Any first impressions?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nope.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Damn.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I can probably put hands on it within 5 minutes. The canvas bag makes it really easy to move out of the way.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Played it quite a few times both solo and with people (2 and 3, as I recall). It was fun, though it's been a while. My issue with it is that it was poisoned by association for me by Rik Falch after he ran off with the funding for the Up Front reprint.

Anyway, I haven't played it in a while. Not sure how it would hold up to what I'm looking for in 2023 with respect to gaming. Probably not helpful. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, there's a reprint and expansion campaign going on. I lack soloable military games, and was trying to figure out whether it was worth it.