Kickstarter scams, frauds and lawsuits

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Carpet_pissr

Re: Kickstarter scams, frauds and lawsuits

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I liken it to a horrible restaurant experience from last week. My mother-in-law was visiting, as was a random nephew, and my aunt and uncle decided to take us all to dinner (all being my immediate 5 person family, and the two visitors). Sounds like a big table, but this was a HUGE restaurant, easily capable of handling multiple large parties all at once.

Long story short, the newbie-ish waiter was horrific. It took a crazy amount of time to get our food (my SALAD, came out about 1 hr in) Forgot to put the orders in, kept blaming a 30 top, the kitchen, etc. At some point his apologies were just becoming insulting. I felt like saying "just shut yer yammering and wheedling, and go get our shit done instead!" The line had been crossed where it was better if he had just remained silent instead of incessant apologizing.
More wheedling and yammering about T-shirts and uncompleted backer surveys that will take 2 weeks out of development time to complete (?!), before getting to the important part of the update about Hero-U:

"A recent question asked, "What is the scheduled release date?" I've been saying Spring (June) 2016, but since we aren't in Alpha yet, Lori's estimate of late Fall (November 2016) may be more realistic. We'll try hard to complete the game earlier - it's just as critical to us as to our backers - but we won't release it until we're satisfied that Hero-U is an excellent game with no major bugs."

This is a point and click adventure game.

UNBACK! UNBACK!
Kasey Chang

Re: Kickstarter scams, frauds and lawsuits

Post by Kasey Chang »

My hopes of getting a battery / SD card case for my Moto X is now gone. The "ExoDrive" that was backed on Kickstarter is now officially dead. The kid in Australia is giving up on ever finishing the project. Apparently he's doing this by himself with just some robots he had to buy and program and materials and ****. The pace of manufacturing is glacial and he's packing it in before he actually shipped any products. He promised refunds, but I doubt I'll ever see any money back.

That's two duds in tech I've backed.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds