Reaper Bones Next

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zurai

Re: Hey, miniatures fans! Reaper Kickstarter, great opportu

Post by Zurai »

I can't wait, but I'm anticipating at least a couple months of waiting (counting shipping time) still :( Downside of getting add-on happy. The upside comes when we have all those awesome minis to use and abuse.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Anybody else get their minis yet? I'm still waiting.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

No word on mine yet. If it gets to be another couple weeks, I'm going to have to update my address.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

If you didn't order extra minis you can pick it up at the store. They said they are able to handle pickups for vampire, paints and cases locally if you email them ahead of time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

If only. :roll: I made it complicated..

Thanks for the tip though.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Markstrink

Post by Markstrink »

Just wanted to say. Having done mini painting for years now reaper DOES make some real quality stuff. Wish I was still in it. Just not doable currently. :(
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Cylus Maxii wrote:Anybody else get their minis yet? I'm still waiting.
Not me. They did shut down for a week and a half mid-April for ReaperCon. I'm sure my order will be near the end of the line, it's pretty complex and has two of the really huge pieces.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Yeah I haven't heard anything myself. I seem to recall they mentioned that it would take until mid-May to get everything out though.
Insert witty comment here.
Markstrink

Post by Markstrink »

Not having put forth any money, my opinion is not worth much. But seriously?! When you ask people for money you should really get their stuff to them. Even when you seem to be above the amount of money you were saying you needed at the time.

Hell I am going to start a kick starter.

And no offense to reaper as I have said they have some great minis and this new stuff looks awesome. But do t drop the ball guys. Don't become games workshop and take just forever to get stuff out.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Markstrink wrote:Not having put forth any money, my opinion is not worth much. But seriously?! When you ask people for money you should really get their stuff to them. Even when you seem to be above the amount of money you were saying you needed at the time.
Uhm, have you been paying attention? Everything is going according to schedule. It just takes a LONG time to pack and ship this many thousands of custom combinations of miniatures. They're filling multiple containers of stuff, and this takes them a few weeks. Those of us who are still waiting for our shipments are going to receive combinations of items that require special consideration.

I didn't ask you to complain on my behalf, partly because I can complain on my own, and partly because there is nothing to complain about.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

TiLT wrote:I didn't ask you to complain on my behalf, partly because I can complain on my own
Trust us, he can!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Someone on the Reaper forums did the math that, if they brought in three people just to pack (Reaper is still a small company) and they worked nonstop for eight hours a day, five days a week, it would take them seven weeks to go through all of the orders. They not only met their goal (shipping in March, which was only an estimate), they've only been shipping about five weeks, and a week and a half of that was ReaperCon, when they couldn't ship. That means that they're about three weeks in.

That isn't bad at all.

Personally, a friend also bought a Vampire set plus some addons. For convenience, we combined our orders. That means that I'm waiting for two vampires, a case, and 1.4 gazillion addons. I'll be in the very last wave to leave Texas.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'm not complaining. I'm actually impressed and encouraged that a couple of you have your orders already.

I was hoping for a vicarious thrill and maybe some heightened anticipation that mine will arrive sooner rather than later.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Cylus Maxii wrote:I'm not complaining. I'm actually impressed and encouraged that a couple of you have your orders already.
This. I have no complaints at all. Reaper was very open with us that more complicated orders would get shipped later simply by virtue of being more complicated and that shipping would only start in march, not end there too. They havn't been the slightest bit dishonest.

EDIT: To be honest, I probably wouldn't have backed this if it had been a brand new start-up. Reaper is well-established in the industry and everyone I know who deals with them on a business level has great things to say about them. I considered this a zero-risk proposition and I still consider it so. Reaper isn't slacking off getting these things to us. They have guys shipping just kickstarter pledges all day long. The "problem" is that it's not like the minis get shipped to them as complete pledges from the factory--they have to hand-combine the pledges and double check them to make sure everything's right before they can ship them out, and that has to take a fair amount of time when you consider pledges like mine or Blackhawk's.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

IIRC, Its even more complicated than assembling orders from sets. Even though the master molds were of sets - the manufacturer they used individually wrapped each of the figures and boxed them together, mixing the sets. So, if they got a case of orc sets, they had to sort all of them into individual bins of identical figurines and rebuild the sets. Then they had to assemble the sets into the Vampire pledge sets. At least that's the gist when I visited the store and talked to one of the temp guys that was sorting (during his break).

Also, FWIW, they were working the temps 6 days a week.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

News for those of us waiting:
First, our Canadian customers.

tl;dr: We're stuck in red tape, but the end is near, and we start duty-free shipments to Canada soon.
Now we're waiting on shipment two from China. These containers include many of the larger add-ons. We have documentation that we will receive them any day. As soon as we do, we'll continue fulfilling the orders that include the items that arrive in this wave of containers. We didn't expect to go so fast with the first wave, and China took longer to ship wave two than originally promised.

On the bright side, if past performance is any indication, there won't be a huge turnaround time between our receipt of the Bones and shipping them to you. Once we get to your order, our system will send you an email with tracking information for our US customers and a customs confirmation number for our international customers.
Source: link
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I had Seppe add the big Cthulhu figure to his add on orders for me and zarathud so I'm guessing that's what keeping his order. I feel bad, but let's face facts: there was no way in hell I was going through life without that baby.
He won. Period.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If necessary, I will tie you down and force you to paint that Cthulhu!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Malifaux is releasing story packs with coop options (at least I assume they'll have Coop options as they advertise them as having solo play capabilities), so I'm trying to figure out ways to set up a story pack with three players versus a giant Cthulhu.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Based on the latest update, those of us with huge figures in our orders might be waiting until the end of June to get the box in.

For me, that's fine, as I might have been able to re-establish a work zone after my move by that time.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Just got my shipping soon notice!
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Zaxxon wrote:Just got my shipping soon notice!
Me too. Getting excited. :)
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

Reaper posted a Facebook picture of pallets of Cthulu and Kaladrax boxes, so it appears they have their final shipment and are putting the last orders together. Hopefully we'll be getting shipping notices shortly.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They posted on KS an hour ago that shipments are officially starting again tomorrow.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ok, now it makes sense why Reaper decided to cancel their Origins booth at the last minute -- the Kickstarter final shipment must have arrived.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zarathud wrote:Ok, now it makes sense why Reaper decided to cancel their Origins booth at the last minute -- the Kickstarter final shipment must have arrived.
Their last full update:
First, a quick note about Origins. We had been looking forward to seeing you there, but unfortunately we won't be there this year in a booth. Our brother Tim Peaslee will be running demos, so be sure to say hi to him when you're there. We can't do a proper booth this time around because we simply can't spare the labor right now.

Why can't we spare the labor?

Friday, June 7th, we received two 40ft containers full of Bones! For those of you keeping track at home, those containers were filled with over 470,000 models. We're still looking for the last container to be delivered next week, but we have enough to start shipping now.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Reaper shipment counter is now live on their site. Progress!
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I can't wait!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zaxxon wrote:Reaper shipment counter is now live on their site. Progress!
...and 17,000 people hit Reaper's site at once.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It looks like the counter has stopped at 1188 orders shipped for the day, with 12611 outstanding. If they kept this rate up, they'd have them all shipped in another 11 days or so (that's assuming they aren't just on a dinner break.)

They won't be able to keep it up, though. As they go along, they'll be getting into more and more complex orders. So far, all the confirmations I've seen reported are for a single vampire set and four or five addons. Once they start hitting orders with multiple vampires and two dozen addons they'll slow down.

I'd guess that we'll all be seeing shipped sets within the next two weeks.
Zurai

Post by Zurai »

According to people who were keeping track, they were firmly into the 5 items per order area by the end of the day.

My order has 12 items. I'm hoping for next Friday.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The first thing I'm a gonna do when I get me my giant Cthulhu is kiss that beautiful bastard full on the...lips? Tentacles? Pod?
He won. Period.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Woot - I got my pre-ship notice!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Mine just shipped. For reference, here's my order:
You're getting:
Deep Dwellers x1
Starter Paint Set x1
Figure Case x2
vampire x1
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

It seems to be almost random who gets their shipments sent at this point. I've seen anything from 4-5 items into the 30-50 item range being shipped these last few days.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

According to Reaper today:
Order complexity, and therefore priority, is at this point strictly by #items. 2 Vamps counts as 2 items, as we have always counted order size by "Customs declared item count".
We are printing them in order smallest to largest, with some accidents happening where pages get put in the wrong stack. But by and large, size matters.
The thing that may be throwing it off is those wacky Canadians. They are alternating a day of US orders with a day of Canadian orders. There are only ~1,500 Canadian orders, so after two days they're 10% into the US orders (still low number of items) and more than 50% into the Canadian orders (higher numbers.)

Tomorrow they're supposed to finish off the Canadian orders, at which point they'll alternate days of US orders with non-Canadian international orders.

/edit - the last three five reported US shipments all had six items.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Just got my email!
Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Sophie x1
C'thulhu x1
Clockwork Dragon x1
Starter Set 2 x1
Figure Case x1
Starter Paint Set x1
vampire x1
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They're up to 7! I believe their average order was 8.15, so we're approaching the upper end of the curve.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Down to 10,500 orders to ship, as well.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Got my notice, 9 items.