[Kickstarter] Catan Board

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

miltonite

[Kickstarter] Catan Board

Post by miltonite »

Catan Board Kickstarter

A few guys worked with Mayfair and Klaus Teuber's son and are making a rigid board. The board has places for the tiles and roads. It is rigid so you can actually move a game in progress. They have the standard board for $25 and the standard + 5-6 player exp for $40. They also have a brushed aluminum and wooden boards for quite a bit more. One of their stretch goals is to make a seafarers board. I am currently in for a standard board but will change to a seafarers when/if it comes available.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
hentzau

Re: [Kickstarter] Catan Board

Post by hentzau »

I'm tempted to back this even though I don't really like Catan...that wooden board is nice.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

Sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

hentzau wrote:I'm tempted to back this even though I don't really like Catan...that wooden board is nice.
WHAT? Have you never tried the Variants?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

GREAT idea.

Oddly, the only thing that pisses me off about that game, has nothing to do with the game itself, but the "board" or lack thereof. All those damn lightweight tiles sliding around all over the place. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that!
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

They now are going to make a seafarers variant as well.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*