Storm the Castle!! (kickstarter board game)

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

MythicalMino

Storm the Castle!! (kickstarter board game)

Post by MythicalMino »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gia ... board-game" target="_blank

I want this...I will have this...

well, assuming it is funded
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
Chaz

Re: Storm the Castle!! (kickstarter board game)

Post by Chaz »

I saw that one, and the game looks interesting. The big red flag to me is that they're swearing they'll have it released by December. Either they're outright lying, or they're incredibly nieve about the realities of getting a game printed, shipped, and distributed. Either option means I don't want to give them my money ahead of time. I'm also not crazy about how they only offer stretch goals to people who pledge at the $100 level, but that's just preference.

Edit: looks lie they changed the funding level rewards pretty drastically since they first put it up. That's god, but my concern about the release date stands.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

and...funded.

Very excited about this project. Whether it arrives in December of sometime next year doesn't matter much to me. The game looks great.
My boardgames for sale:

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If I had just received a tax refund check I would totally go the 350 level.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

And...cancelled. Apparently they will be re-launching sometime next week with new pledge levels and stretch rewards.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

None of this inspires confidence in these guys. I'll be looking at this for potential buying when it's eventually released, but I just can't see giving these guys my money ahead of time. We could be looking at another Glory to Rome debacle.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

According to the message I got from them via kickstarter, they cancelled and are going to relaunch the kickstarter (they were up to just under $23,000 before they cancelled) because there were complaints by some ppl about their pledge levels and how they had their stretch rewards. They opened up to the ppl who had pledged to give their opinions on wether or not they should cancel and relaunch.
My boardgames for sale:

giantgoblingames

Post by giantgoblingames »

Hey all,

We recently relaunched and revised our launch dates due to the holiday's coming up and pushing back our KS campaign. The manufacturer's we're looking at gave us the original estimates - upon relaunch we decided to add a few months to that "just in case".

Invite you all to take another look at our relaunch - we had great feedback from others and listened by reducing prices adding more clear pledge levels and giving back more. I think you'll like what you'll see:

Octopus won't let me post the exact URL - but it's on KS until November 24th

Please let me know if I can answer any questions

Best,

Rich
STC's designer
stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

about 34 more hours left on this. They are up to just over 85k...game looks great, and he has sent out so many messages keeping us all updated. Take a look if you are interested...
My boardgames for sale: