Good single player card games others than solitaire?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Daehawk

Good single player card games others than solitaire?

Post by Daehawk »

I guess Im asking for one - 2 player cards games other than ones with poker decks. More single player. Ill try to rope the wife into them later so thats where the 2 player would come in.

RPG type cards? Monster cards? What is out there that can be played at a low cost and that doesn't need to have 50 decks collected. Just something I can spend a little time on in the evenings.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
MythicalMino

Re: Good single player card games others than solitaire?

Post by MythicalMino »

Onirim is a card game that is fun.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/71836/onirim" target="_blank
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

The Gathering Storm expansion for Race for the Galaxy adds a solo-play variant of the game that allows you to play against a surpisingly tricky 'robot' player that is very cleverly implemented. In my experience, the majority of solo variants in most games tend to feel rather anticlimatic if/when you win, or essentially have you play both sides of a game. But the RftG 'robot' feels much more akin to playing against a real person rather than just going through the motions.

Better still, you can download Keldon's Race for the Galaxy AI for free, which is a fanware computer version of the Race for the Galaxy card game and all of its expansions that offers remarkable artificial intelligence opponents for the game.

For anyone new to the game, PDF versions of the official game rules can be downloaded from the Rio Grande Games web site: I would also strongly suggest newbies watch Wei-Hwa Huang's RftG tutorial videos to help develop a feel for how the game is played.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The Lord of the Rings card game is probably your best bet. It's designed for 1 to 4 players right out of the gate. Solo play is not an afterthought as it with most games that have solo variants. Plus, it's pretty easy to learn.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

hepcat wrote:The Lord of the Rings card game is probably your best bet. It's designed for 1 to 4 players right out of the gate. Solo play is not an afterthought as it with most games that have solo variants. Plus, it's pretty easy to learn.
This was the first thing I thought of as well.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire