Do you miss those days?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Daehawk

Re: Do you miss those days?

Post by Daehawk »

I use imageshack.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Thank you all for the suggestions. That part turned out to be easier than I thought.
Here it is; My very first test shot!!!
Definitely need some practice with this camera's settings (That's gonna be the hard part). It's one of those automatic things (Sony Cybershot DSC-W690 in case anyone has any suggestions for when the real BoxShot Thread goes live). I did not use the flash, because I got too much reflective glare, but I don't know how else to fix that. Any suggestions welcome. Otherwise, I'll just have to keep experimenting.

"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im charging my batteries now to start the thread. I figure Ill post it here in this section and provide a link in both the pc section and console area. Console games had some great box art and content too back in the day. While it charges I need to settle on the first game to post....hmmm.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok the box art thread is started [url=We have a thread here in the general gaming area for posting your old..errrr...classic gaming box art...both computer and console ones. Come join us and post your collection or ones you loved back in the day.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=84433&p=1961040#p1961040" target="_blank]HERE[/url] . Please help fill it up :)
MindToyGames

Post by MindToyGames »

LordMortis wrote:
Sectoid wrote:I just picked this up on eBay for $10.
Enlarge Image
Do I have a C64 to play it on? No.
I do miss those days when games came in "Album" covers.
The EA album cover games like those were a lot of fun and they were budget for the time. You didn't get the bells and whistles of a $30 or $40 game but you were getting a solid $20 game for your computer.

What I don't miss about 5 1/4 days was that those disks were copy protected and would go bad after a year or two and you were fucked.
Or those damn 'code wheels' where you had to look up the 4th word on the 3rd wheel of...etc. Ugh! I miss that not at all.