Zombicide Season 3 Kickstarter is up

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Can I add a poll after the fact?

Yes
40%
No
No votes
Shut up!
20%
What?
40%

Total votes: 10

Chrisoc13

Re: Zombicide Season 2 Kickstarter is up

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Zarathud wrote:Damn. The zombie boxes contain additional "walk of the dead" zombie action cards. It's like highway robbery.
Yeah I just saw that. Now I want them...
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The Dude and Sobchak as characters? Fffffffffffffffffffffffffff............
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Yea, there are too many must-have optional survivors. Sobchak (Ross), Frank/Chev/Jason Statham (Rick), Pamela (Dakota), Witcheta (Lea), Shaun (Fred). Howard (Will) and Foxxy (Adriana) would be fun, but my wallet hurts.

It does look like we'll get the extra cards and 1/3 of the zombies from the Toxic/Angry Zombie Boxes, so that's great.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

So many optional things now. I think I will buy the first box of zombies (for the different cards since I missed out on the first kickstarter) and then just a few survivors. Not sure which ones yet. I'm over the glow in the dark dice. My sense has prevailed.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

With 4 days to go, I decided it was time to up my pledge for the extras I want. Holy crap the extras. $125 just to get all of the extra characters on top of the $150 pledge. Unpossible. The guest artist designs look great, but damn the money. I am going to have to pick and choose and that hurts.

Dakota $10
Fred $10
Lea $10
Rick $10
Adriana $10
Will $10
Ross $10
Helen $10

Kevin Walker Box $15
Adrian Smith Box $15
Karl Kopinski Box $15

Glow in the Dark Dice $10
Black Dice $10
Orange Dice $10
Red Dice $10

S1 Tiles $25
TCM Tiles $15
PO Tiles $25

Zombie Dogz $20
Dogs $15
Walk of the Dead $20
Walk of the Dead 2 $20
Toxic Crowd $20
Angry Zombies $20
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

The artist boxes you can at least get later so I am going to pass on those since they are not kickstarter exclusives. The other survivors I will have to think about which ones I will want.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The extra heroes were the same way on Season 1 -- too many. I got only the first 3, and I'll get 4 or 5 this time. The guest designs will have to wait and $15 pushes the price anyway.

The Season 2 kickstarter bonuses look like they will cover 1/2 the figures from the extra boxes, and you get the cards except for Box #2. Box #1 and #2 are best if you missed the Season 1 kickstarter since that's about as many figures as the Abomination pack.

Frankly, I don't see the point in extra 6 sided theme dice. With 3 sets, I think there will be plenty of game boards for level designers.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

There were only 4 optional survivors last time. I opted for two of them.

There are already 8 this time... the problem is this time there are more characters I want.

My real complaint is the ones I want are guys and I dont want to spend extra on guys. :P The goods news is since I got an early bird I have an extra $10 to spend. ;) You kind of HAVE to get Ross and Fred. I'm split on Dakota. Part of me wants her (guess which part) and part of me is sad I want her... I mean the mini. No interest in Helen or Will. So hard to choose!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I agree with you on the must-haves. I also like Rick and Lea.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

The only thing that interests me about Will is his weapon. I don't particularly enjoy the big bang theory but his weapon sure does look fun.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Chrisoc13 wrote:The only thing that interests me about Will is his weapon. I don't particularly enjoy the big bang theory but his weapon sure does look fun.
Yeah, same here. I'm probably not going to get that mini.
Insert witty comment here.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

TiLT wrote:
Chrisoc13 wrote:The only thing that interests me about Will is his weapon. I don't particularly enjoy the big bang theory but his weapon sure does look fun.
Yeah, same here. I'm probably not going to get that mini.
I wonder if the weapon will be in the game anyways. If it is... my interest in Will drops to nothing.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wow. Getting the Fugitive level gets a lot of miniatures.

TCM is 40 figures (2 new survivors).
PO is 91 figures (6 new survivors).
Dog zombie box is 20 figures.
Rewards brings 20 more survivor figures (7 survivors + 6 companion dogs) counting Achile.
Rewards brings 39 more zombies.
That's 210 figures for $150.

I consider 4-5 of the 11 survivors must-haves, that's $50 for 10 more.
Add to that a $20 box for 24 more zombies.

The extras are expensive, but that is still less than $1 per figure. And 20 more survivors.

The base set had 6 + 3 promo survivors with 4 optional. That was $100 for a total 114 figures, with up to 8 more possible.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I'm at the Fugitive level +$80 for all the optional survivors. It's an absurd amount of figures and probably one of the few board gaming purchases I'll make this year. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Three more days and I can stop looking at this. I've spent the past month clicking the link every few days and trying to convince myself I can afford to spend money on this that I clearly can't.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:Three more days and I can stop looking at this. I've spent the past month clicking the link every few days and trying to convince myself I can afford to spend money on this that I clearly can't.
It's expensive enough to make me have second thoughts about it... then I think what I've spent on Android: Netrunner for a bunch of cards and then it doesn't seem so bad... then I think Netrunner is such a better game... then I think do I really need Zombicide: Season 2... then I continue in a similar loop for about an hour until I see something shiny to distract me.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Wait, how much have you spent on Netrunner? My total Netrunner spend is under a hundred bucks, and that includes everything but the latest booster. I'm seeing people spending north of $300 easily on Zombicide.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am at about $70 on netrunner. It would be $100 even at MSRP. Physically, compared to what you get for $100 for Zombicide, it seems incredibly expensive.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Yeah, you get a bunch of minis for Zombicide, but aren't a lot of them essentially just variants on "zombie"? I mean, it's cool that there are a bunch of sculpts, but if they could all be replaced by a cardboard circle with a "Z" on it... In contrast, the cards in Netrunner give you a ton of different gameplay and deckbuilding options.

But this is really just a rehash of the value debate we had earlier. The minis don't hold much value for me, but the gameplay value of Netrunner cards do, even though the "thing" is less impressive to look at.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Season 1 bonus and optional survivors are shipping in April. Finally.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Chaz wrote:But this is really just a rehash of the value debate we had earlier. The minis don't hold much value for me, but the gameplay value of Netrunner cards do, even though the "thing" is less impressive to look at.
It's also a rehash of the debate I had with myself a couple posts ago that started this discussion.
Zarathud wrote:Season 1 bonus and optional survivors are shipping in April. Finally.
I was very pleased to see that email. Of course now I am wondering if my wife will even let me wear the t-shirt. That's the part of the package I want the most.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

They just added Snake Plissken...err Smith as the final goal. Hilarious.
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

so, Zombicide...bought the base game after much back and forth with myself over it. My oldest boy, I think, fell in love with the game (whereas my other son likes Zpocalypse better). Decided to go ahead and get in on the Season 2 (mainly, because I don't want to miss out on any of the exclusive S2 stuff). My pledge at this time (and I am saying I am going to stick to my guns about it) is the Inmate pledge (100 bucks), plus 100 dollars more going for most of the optional survivors, plus 2 of the Guest survivors (the priest package, and the other one with the chick in it).

I would like to get the TCM, but...that would put me at 220 or even maybe more. I think I can just wait for that one to release to the general public. Although, I will have to wait for the Zombivors for the base game (which gives me a sad face)...but at this present moment, I am stretching it like crazy going with what I am going with!!

I read, though, that I would be able to add to my "backer order" a little later via the backer management thing. If that time comes to fill that out, would it still be possible to add the TCM to it for the extra 50 bucks, if the money is available to me at that time? I am assuming the answer to that is "yes", but I am not sure...
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I'm so tempted by this. But I've never played it and its just a bit too much to shell out for. I might feel less reluctant if it weren't for the comments that bonus stuff from last time hasn't even shipped yet. Must resist OO effect!
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

It looks like all but the last 3 survivors (stretch goal survivors) and the optional survivors will ship with the game this time...
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

There's a nice new link on the Kickstarter laying out the bonus/extras. After playing last night with Chrisoc, I'm in at $150+$90 in extras. If Snake is a bonus, I'll probably get a box of zombies. If not, I'll get most of the exclusive survivors..
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Zarathud wrote:There's a nice new link on the Kickstarter laying out the bonus/extras. After playing last night with Chrisoc, I'm in at $150+$90 in extras. If Snake is a bonus, I'll probably get a box of zombies. If not, I'll get most of the exclusive survivors..
Yes and thanks to last night my wife now wants more of the exclusive survivors :horse:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Boardgamegeek has a few ideas for proxy minis and print-and-play sheets of the exclusives. So don't pay the exorbitant ebay prices -- or get out to the CMON convention where kickstarters of season 2 can get the first 3 exclusives.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I bumped my pledge up $40 for survivors but haven't decided which ones. I think that will put me at $300 total in zombicide expenses.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Zarathud wrote:Boardgamegeek has a few ideas for proxy minis and print-and-play sheets of the exclusives. So don't pay the exorbitant ebay prices -- or get out to the CMON convention where kickstarters of season 2 can get the first 3 exclusives.
Yeah I don't have the money for the ebay priced survivors (even if I wanted to be crazy) so I'm going to proxy a few of the S1 survivors and take her desire for more survivors to mean get some of the S2 ones that I like best. I think we will end up getting snake for free. $300k left with 2 days left I think it happens. I hope it happens...
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

They just added the "mustache pack" as an optional add on. I'm a fan of that. 3 survivors for $20, all three of which I would love to have.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Looking forward to painting all of the new 3 mustache characters, and getting Snake.
MythicalMino

Post by MythicalMino »

And now they are beyond 2 million
My boardgames for sale:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90573
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wow, and they added Mike the psycho as a survivor at the end!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Congratulations backers, and thank god it's over. Now I can stop trying to find a way to twist the next couple of months' budgets to find a way to make it happen.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I ended up going in more than I expected on this one. Might end up with too many survivors. Or the expansion after all. But I like this game quite a bit so it should be fun to add a bunch more to it. Glad it's over though, I don't want any more optional stuff to tempt me.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If you're looking for some alternative survivors -- check out Hasslefree Miniatures. This is also a good Bruce Willis.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Season 2 Pledge Manager went live today, and I now have a Tracking Number initiated for my Season 1 extras.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zarathud wrote:...and I now have a Tracking Number initiated for my Season 1 extras.
I thought I did too but it turns out it was for some other game I don't remember ordering. :o

Where's my Claudia and Ivy?!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Got the shipping notice. Tracking number is not live yet so I guess maybe next week.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter