Lords of the Stars [Kickstarter]

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

silvaril

Lords of the Stars [Kickstarter]

Post by silvaril »

Heya

One of the folks heavily into Modding Sword of the Stars has developed a Hex Tile Based Board Game and is now trying to raise funds for extra Artworks per the Publishers request:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lords ... board-game" target="_blank
Campaign Page wrote:This campaign is about a board game that i`m currently actively developing. Its a Space 4x table top game with hexagonal map, detailed ship tokens, random events and encounters, traditional resources (food, minerals, research) and customisable ships. Its about choices that a leader of a newborn spacefaring empire has to make in order to achieve prosperity and wealth to his people and secure it from aggressors.
Campaign Goals wrote:This particular campaign is started to raise funds for an artist. The 80% of graphics in the game are done by me - all planets, stars, ships, tokens and other stuff was either done in Photoshop or in Illustrator. But i`m not an artist and i can`t create proper race portraits that my publisher requests me to have.

I`m working on this game solo and i don`t have enough money to pay for a set of 7 race portraits and a several large scale drawings, so that`s where your contributions will mostly go. Exscess funds will be used to further improve the game, here are the certain improvements that LS will get for reaching the listed sums:

$1000 - all 7 races will receive high quality portraits and full descriptions in rulebook.
$2500 - rulebook and the box will be decorated with high quality images of various space events, battles and just beatiful scenes.
$5000 - an additional silicon based race and set of all required tokens, hexes and cards to support 6 players.
$10000 - leaders, senate and voting will be added to the game (this was originally planned as an expansion).
silvaril

Re: Lords of the Stars [Kickstarter]

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Play through of the game:
http://okimstudios.3nx.ru/viewtopic.php?t=12" target="_blank
TiLT

Re: Lords of the Stars [Kickstarter]

Post by TiLT »

Ah, the legacy of Twilight Imperium. Whereas other genres of board games have wildly different board layouts, 4x space games always seem to end up using hexes.
Insert witty comment here.