[Kickstarter] Myth by Mercs Miniatures

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Smoove_B

Re: [Kickstarter] Myth by Mercs Miniatures

Post by Smoove_B »

Ahh...that makes more sense. Still ridiculous that you could somehow claim ownership over it, but I guess that's what we have lawyers for.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They should just rename it "Mith" and keep the flames.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was going to suggest they color it blue and claim it's magic fire -- clearly Mythic Entertainment is just using regular fire for their logo.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

"These stubby legs make me so angry!"

Other figure pics.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, my first reaction to that was :?: but then when I realized it was less to paint, I was ok with it. :wink:

I am pretty damn excited to get my copy. All the previews I've read suggest it's going to be a good time.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Backers, check your latest update. There's a link to the full rules, hero card descriptions and the setup booklet!
Covfefe!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Just saw that Rodney over at Watch It Played has an unboxing video. Jeebus, I didn't realize it was THAT big o' box. :shock:
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

watched the unboxing this weekend... I haven't figured where to put Robinson Crusoe on my shelf yet. No idea how I am going to deal with that beast. I guess I could liquidate all my zombicide stuff. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I keep opening the pledge manager and adding little odds and ends. Treasure deck, quest deck, sculpted lairs. Little by little, they're eating my wallet. They're really quite good at this kickstarter thing, aren't they? :oops:
Covfefe!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

hepcat wrote:I keep opening the pledge manager and adding little odds and ends. Treasure deck, quest deck, sculpted lairs. Little by little, they're eating my wallet. They're really quite good at this kickstarter thing, aren't they? :oops:
I have thus far been successful at avoiding anything to do with this game since I ordered it simply to avoid this by default. I'm sure if I look back at it I will end up spending more.

glanced at the unboxing video without sound so I don't know what he had added to that but given the number of extra figures I am expecting I'm slightly terrified of my copy now. Where the heck am I going to put it? It is either getting hidden in the basement or left on top of other things in the front room.
Last edited by Remus West on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm betting we'll see copies at Octocon in March as it's supposed to start shipping in a few weeks.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm actually getting nervous it can't possibly live up to my expectations, but I guess we'll see. All I know is that MERCS is a solid game and by all accounts this looks to be another high-quality effort. No idea where I'm going to store everything, but yeah I do think some board game culling will need to happen.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sadly, this will happen to me no matter what the game. And it's entirely my fault. The only way to make me pleasantly surprised about a game is to sneak it onto the shelves without any hype and just have someone casually mention it in a conversation as "that fun little game you might like".

Hype is my enemy only because I make it so. :oops:
Covfefe!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

hepcat wrote:Sadly, this will happen to me no matter what the game. And it's entirely my fault. The only way to make me pleasantly surprised about a game is to sneak it onto the shelves without any hype and just have someone casually mention it in a conversation as "that fun little game you might like".

Hype is my enemy only because I make it so. :oops:
I heard this game is complete ass and that you would have more fun pouring acid into your urethra than playing it.

There, now it can not help but exceed the hype. You're welcome.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Remus West wrote:
hepcat wrote:Hype is my enemy only because I make it so. :oops:
I heard this game is complete ass and that you would have more fun pouring acid into your urethra than playing it.

There, now it can not help but exceed the hype. You're welcome.
Note that Remus's advice will be more effective if you actually pour acid into your urethra, so that you have a proper point of reference.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh great, now you've ruined the initial experience of pouring acid into my urethra. :(
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I recommend starting with acetic acid and working your way up to hydrochloric.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

...and tubing? Any suggestions?
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I would most catheters and a squeeze bulb like you get for infant ear cleaning would fit the bill nicely, so to speak.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

No issues with the acid eating through the bulb or tubing apparatus before I get my sweet, sweet...

...you know what? Even I can't do this any more. I'm out.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The student has become the master! :horse:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

BAM!
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote:No issues with the acid eating through the bulb or tubing apparatus before I get my sweet, sweet...

...you know what? Even I can't do this any more. I'm out.
Watch Breaking Bad. The answer is in season one.

I have impressed myself with my ability to suppress expectations. OK, I am just too lazy to investigate to get my hopes up. Or investigate to see if I am making a smart investment. There's a reason I only buy one stock.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Tom Vasel offers his thoughts...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:dance:
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Where is my game?!

Never should have watched the watch it played unboxing and dice tower videos.

I want my game!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

I know it's killing me! I guess I could look at the rules to get ready, I hear they are pretty heavy. I want this game very badly now.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I've been perusing the rules and setup PDFs the past couple of evening. Definitely helpful for wrapping your head around the game. It's a change of pace from anything I've played before.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Apparently the shipments are due to the warehouse tomorrow and they expect to start shipping on Monday. I'd imagine an update filled with ridiculous pictures should be sent out at some point over the weekend. :)

Also - I don't want to alarm anyone, but their next KS project looks Grandilomentitudinous.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I wish I had backed this one... but I am thinking of putting in a retail order from CSI, MM or CLS this weekend. I suspect that non-backers will be getting their copies within a few weeks.

The only thing holding me up is the KS for Arcadia Quest, which looks interesting because it is both a dungeon crawl and a competitive game (think competitive Castle Ravenloft). I have some worry about the shallowness of the gameplay (Myth looks far deeper) but for a beer and pretzels game it might be nice. I never got to play Super Dungeon Explore, despite owning it.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

For the past few years, hepcat and I have been playing Super Dungeon Explore at Origins because (1) it's a great action game, (2) the guy running the event is cool, and (3) his miniatures are beautifully painted. I like to be the BEAR, not the Shapeshifter Druid. I mean, Bears are awesome.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I got an email from UPS letting me know an address label has been created for my shipment. My game is getting close. :mrgreen:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Remus West wrote:I got an email from UPS letting me know an address label has been created for my shipment. My game is getting close. :mrgreen:
Bastard! It looks like they are doing fulfillment by backer level in descending order. I will get my game some day.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Hepcat is waiting for his copy.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I'm so irritated I did not back this. That $100 pledge is an amazing deal!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It's an even better deal when someone else orders. Hepcat received his copy last night.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Their packing / shipping plan makes no sense (to me). Randomly picking states and fulfilling orders? How about sending them out in tier order or maybe backer number order? As someone that backed this game the first day, I'm disgruntled. :snooty:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Smoove_B wrote:Their packing / shipping plan makes no sense (to me). Randomly picking states and fulfilling orders? How about sending them out in tier order or maybe backer number order? As someone that backed this game the first day, I'm disgruntled. :snooty:
I thought the last update said they were doing it by tier order to a certain level and then going by state. So they did a little of what you suggest. They also said they sent double orders to some people. :pray:
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Smoove_B wrote:Their packing / shipping plan makes no sense (to me). Randomly picking states and fulfilling orders? How about sending them out in tier order or maybe backer number order? As someone that backed this game the first day, I'm disgruntled. :snooty:
Presumably a state-by-state approach is more efficient from a logistics perspective. And as Remus noted, they did prioritize everyone who pledged at the $150 level or above.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Then I guess I was the only person in NJ that pledged more than $150 'cause I've got nothing. One again, I'll just defer to Tom Petty.