C2E2 in Chicago April 26th - 28th

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

C2E2 in Chicago April 26th - 28th

Post by hepcat »

It's a giant, pop culture convention that includes a ton of guests (including the great Ron Perlman and the equally great Patton Oswalt...as well as a former Doctor Who, Peter Davison).

Anyone going? I just purchased a saturday ticket. They're also having an open gaming event on that day.
He won. Period.
Seppe

Re: C2E2 in Chicago April 26th - 28th

Post by Seppe »

I was think of going on Sunday but have not bought a ticket yet.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I'm helping run the open gaming area all three days. Stop by, hepcat, I'm planning on wearing my kilt!
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My daughter's birthday is that weekend, as attractive as hentzau's hairy legs might be.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

hentzau wrote:I'm helping run the open gaming area all three days. Stop by, hepcat, I'm planning on wearing my kilt!
WOO HOO! I'm breakin' out the poodle skirt!

I may actually pick up a Sunday badge now too. I doubt I'd make it down on Friday though. Braving even foot traffic on a friday night in chicago is enough to even make this old convention warhorse tremble in fear.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Hope to see some of you peeps there. I'm starting the Bataan Death March of cons today, with Little Wars this morning, then racing down to McCormick Place to run games in the boardgame room for 3 days straight.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

and even though I started this damn thread, I may not be able to make it down now. I already bought my damn ticket, too. :x

a friend of mine screwed up his schedule and is flying in for the weekend. as he's decidedly NOT a gamer or a fan of anything C2E2 would have, i may be stuck doing boring stuff all weekend.
He won. Period.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Lots of gaming going on. Hope some of you guys can make it down!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Princess birthday weekend, but the pub crawl with the superhero cosplayers is *very* tempting. The idea of the Avengers walking into a bar is hysterical. I bet Iron Man doesn't have to buy any drinks.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Cixinsita

Post by Cixinsita »

making me work this morning.
Last edited by LawBeefaroni on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Where's the ban hammer?
He won. Period.