Shut Up & Sit Down

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

AWS260

Shut Up & Sit Down

Post by AWS260 »

I recently became aware of the British board game review site Shut Up & Sit Down. It is excellent, particularly the video reviews.
hepcat

Re: Shut Up & Sit Down

Post by hepcat »

I like, I like. Thanks!
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

I watched their review of Twilight Imperium some time back. Top-notch stuff.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

The latest Shut Up & Sit Down review, of the light roleplaying game Dog Eat Dog, is fantastic.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

AWS260 wrote:The latest Shut Up & Sit Down review, of the light roleplaying game Dog Eat Dog, is fantastic.
Is the review or the game fantastic? I will say that I find all of their reviews fantastic, not necessarily as reviews (boy did they steer me wrong on Arctic Scavengers) but as entertainment. I don't go to them as a primary review source, but they can make me want to dig deeper into a game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

The review is excellent, and the game sounds fascinating, though it's more of a social commentary/thinker/experience game than a "let's hang out and have a good time with a game" kinda thing. It actually sounds like a home version of the Stanford Prison Experiment. I'd like to pick up a copy, but I don't know when or if I'd play it.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

coopasonic wrote:Is the review or the game fantastic?
The review. I haven't played the game, and given that my gaming group consists of me and sometimes my wife, I probably never will.
Holman

Post by Holman »

That was one unsettling review. It's amazing when games can be as provocative as drama.

Go read it even if you're not in the market for a new boardgame.
For me, this is the game’s final ingenious ploy. The natives wrap themselves up in rules, with no input from the coloniser. But it is the coloniser who decides whether or not they broke the rules. From that point it is simply a matter of employing the rules to get the natives to do what you like.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.