Goblins: Alternate Realities [Kickstarter]

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

silvaril

Goblins: Alternate Realities [Kickstarter]

Post by silvaril »

Heya

So the Goblins Web Comic is now being made into a board game.
Kickstarter wrote:In Goblins: Alternate Realities, you direct a party of characters from the world of Goblins through a series of encounters and challenges to fulfill the individual quests of each of your characters. In each game, each player begins with a different combination of characters in his party and a different deck full of actions that he can perform with his characters. Throughout the game, you have the opportunity to form alliances between your characters and the characters in other parties to claim treasure, gain experience and fulfill your quests. Or, if it suits your ends, you can oppose a party and your characters can challenge your enemies to battles of strength, wit or charm. For more details about the gameplay read the GAR Designer Notes, listen to the GAR Gameplay Podcasts, or ask a question in the GAR Q&A Thread in the Goblin Forums.
Launched on the third, it is already funded and is now moving towards the stretch goals.
baelthazar

Re: Goblins: Alternate Realities [Kickstarter]

Post by baelthazar »

I really wish they had the rules posted. It looks interesting, but does not really say the optimal number of players or exactly what one does when trying to overcome challenges. I love the comic, but I'm not sure I can back on art alone.