World War II: Trading Card Game - Feedback Needed

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

FrozenShard

World War II: Trading Card Game - Feedback Needed

Post by FrozenShard »

Hello,

First of all I want to apologize if this is not the correct forum to post about this.

I will start by introducing myself. My name is Isidro Tellez and I’m the producer of a recently announced game: “World War II: TCG”

The game is still under development and I’m currently gathering some feedback on how to improve it, focusing specially on experienced World War II history groups of people, groups of experienced board gamers, and groups of Trading Card palyer which are the target audience of the game, so if you are interested into discussing about the game or providing any kind of feedback about it feel free to put them in this thread, I will continue visiting it and answering/updating daily.

As an introduction to the game, the game will be a free-to-play Trading Card Game inspired by the events of the Second World War, so if you are also experienced in World war history your feedback will be even more appreciated.

I don’t want to go much into detail on this first post as I don’t want to bore people and wanted to first know if there would be people interested in participating.

If you are interested I will answer any question you may have about gameplay or anything related to the game! And if there is people interested maybe I can start attaching screenshots and discuss about it!

Thanks a lot in advance, hope this “little project” can work well as your feedback will be really appreciated.

Looking forward to hear from you!

PS: I will maybe posting this same post on other forums groups so sorry for the inconveniences this may cause!
stessier

Re: World War II: Trading Card Game - Feedback Needed

Post by stessier »

My CCG experience is limited to Decipher's Star Wars and Star Trek series, but I'd be interested in learning more. A quick google search only turned up some previews on Gamespot but no links to the game play itself, so I've got nothing to comment on at the moment.

If you are trying to include links in your posts, I think you have to post 10 times before getting the ability.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

FWIW, this is the correct form for Trading Card games.

I look forward to seeing more!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
FrozenShard

Post by FrozenShard »

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies I'm sorry I can't provide you with more links to show you more about the game but hopefully this will change soon as I am planning on staying around here for a while if there is interest! as you mention stessier for the moment we just announced the game and added just a teaser trailer that's currently on gamespot.

On the homepage of the game you can find more information including a small how to play guide including the new features we are adding to the game, so if you are a experienced TCG player you may want to have a look at them, but again since I'm not able to put links yet I will try to explain a bit the game here and then ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind.

The game will be for iOS and Android mainly but we want to port it to PC if soon enough if it's succesfull, the game as you have seen is a Trading Card Game based on the Second World War, we know it's a quite risky theme, but it's a theme we like and we did not want to publish another fantasy card game.

The game will be free to play meaning that it won't have to be purchased and you can play without having to spend any money, there will be for factions (Americans, Germans, Russians and Japanese) and around 200 cards at launch, I would like to discuss a bit more about the game interface as it is our priority at the moment but we will do that afterwards :).

Now if you don't mind answering a couple of questions will be appreciated!:

- Would you play a World War Trading Card game in your mobile devices?
- What do you like the most of Trading Card Games?

We can leave it there for the moment, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have about the game, we expect to launch it by the last quarter of the year (somewhere in October) and I will make sure to announce when the Beta comes so you can try out the game!

Thanks again for your replies!
stessier

Post by stessier »

FrozenShard wrote:Now if you don't mind answering a couple of questions will be appreciated!:

- Would you play a World War Trading Card game in your mobile devices?
- What do you like the most of Trading Card Games?
I have been decried by some as a luddite, but I prefer to think of myself as extremely cheap. :D Either way, I do not have a mobile device to play on. If it makes it to the PC, though, I'd give it a look. In that situation, though, I'd like the game to be fast past and on the shorter side - getting more than 30 minutes at a time to play is a luxury at this point.

I haven't played in nearly a decade, but what first attracted me was the collecting aspect to get all the good cards. Really more of an addiction. Once I kicked that, I found I needed there to be multiple strategies available in the deck building to hold my interest. It got boring/unfun really quick if you always had to build your deck a certain way to win. I didn't mind if some strategies were riskier than others, but there had to be different paths to victory.

Good art was also useful in maintaining my attention.

I only saw the into links while at work and didn't want to play the videos there and then I forgot to check this out at home. I'll try to remember tonight.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
FrozenShard

Post by FrozenShard »

Hey stessier,

Your points are very solid and match the kind of gamers we are seeking, specially regarding the game sessions, collectibity aspects and art engaging. We know by aiming the game throu iOS iPads and iPhones at first we will be using a good portion of possible gamers, but we also that PC market is much crowded of competition and since we are a small studio we want to use the safe bullets first, nevertheless we have plans to put the game in PC soon after the release!

About the game mechanics, the game will have 4 factions at the start (Germans, Japanese, Americans and Russians) and 3 different type of cards, (Units, Items and Orders) we also add the possiblity of Promote Units to increase their stats values and empower orders. All of this while avoiding the use of resource cards, instead of that you will have to allocate 3 action points into any of the actions stated before. So definetly we are very happy about the possibilities you can have in terms of strategy.

The trailer is just a teaser for the moment, but we have plans to publish a gameplay video explaining more about the game mechanics in the coming weeks!
Mr Bismarck

Post by Mr Bismarck »

FrozenShard wrote:On the homepage of the game
You can't post links and I can't find the homepage on Google, (the fifth result for World War II Trading Card Game is actually this thread), so... I don't know.

Can someone else post the link?
Imagine if I hadn't been drunk.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Mr Bismarck wrote:
FrozenShard wrote:On the homepage of the game
You can't post links and I can't find the homepage on Google, (the fifth result for World War II Trading Card Game is actually this thread), so... I don't know.

Can someone else post the link?
Here's a 3rd party summary with links:

Gamespot - World War II: TCG Tech Info
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
FrozenShard

Post by FrozenShard »

Hey Mr Bismarck,

The link LawBeefaroni metioned can help you a little if not try looking for ww2tcg in google, let me know if that works!

Cheers!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Are there any other trading card games that you can compare this to (actual cards or other iOS games)? I've played a few on my iPhone and have found most enjoyable. I'm definitely interested in seeing this one though, so thanks for coming here to promote it. The only one with a WW2 theme that I'm aware of is the recently released Battle for Hill 218.

EDIT: What do I like most about TCGs on my iPhone. The card art and the UI layout. I think that Summoner War did a really good job. Ascension might be a faithful translation, but it's a bit busy on my iPhone -- might be great on an iPAd though.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
FrozenShard

Post by FrozenShard »

Hey Smoove_B,

There is not a clear game that we can compare our title with, in regarding of theme, there are no World War TCG in the market, Battle for Hill 218 is out yeah but it's not a Trading/Collectible Card Game, is more like an strategic card game. Our game has his own unique mechanics but it's also using basic TCG features from games like Magic the Gathering or Sol Forge (or Ascension) but as I mentioned we have included some unique features that helps the game to have a more military/strategic look.

The game will be initially optimized for iPads and tablets, but will be playable too in mobiles. We are working on releasing a gameplay video in the coming weeks! Hopefully I can soon post links so we can discuss a bit about the User Interface.

Cheers!