[Kickstarter] Road/Kill

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

[Kickstarter] Road/Kill

Post by hepcat »

Road/Kill.

Looks like a spiritual successor to Car Wars. Even has customization. I'm not sure I can afford another large purchase so soon after Gencon, but this looks good.
Covfefe!
Daehawk

Re: [Kickstarter] Road/Kill

Post by Daehawk »

Shit. I was hoping this was the YouTube show from MotorTrend trying to start up their own TV show. Then I wondered why MT couldn't pay for it themselves. Then I thought it just wouldn't be the same show if they had plenty of money to spend. I then thought to myself I was thinking too much. Then I thought at least Im not talking to myself. I then agreed and stopped.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Kind of reminds me of a more sophisticated version of Thunder Road. Did I say Thunder Road? I meant Thunder Road.
Markstrink

Post by Markstrink »

Out of all the kick starters posted here his one has me the most interested. I loved car wars when I was younger.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trivia: RedWarlord and I grew up less than 10 miles from Midville, Ohio as featured in the game Car Wars. They did have a speedway, by the way. The big event was the Crazy Eight in which cars would speed through a track configured like a figure eight. The thrill, of course, was waiting to see if anyone would crash into another car in the intersection.
Covfefe!
Markstrink

Post by Markstrink »

That was one of my favorite course types I. The demolition derby game for the PS.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Steve Jackson Games will be re-releasing car wars after they get Ogre gets shipped out (I think). They made that clear when running the Ogre kickstarter that Car Wars will be getting a reboot the same way Ogre did. Just figured I would throw that out there if you want to wait for the real rehash of car wars.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I had forgotten about that, thanks! That's an easy decision. I'll wait for the real thing. :D
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

One of the OGRE stretch goals was to reboot Car Wars. The OGRE cartons are arriving, so expect the CarWars kickstarter soon.

This weekend, I found my box of old cardboard car chits and the turning key. ;)
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I got to see and handle the pieces of Ogre at the DGM last weekend.

The instruction sheet is printed in big letters that you should not punch all the cardboard out at once and start assembling. "This way lies madness".

Oh, and I put in a pre-order with CSI for it. :whistle:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

LOL, that would be madness. Trying to store the OGRE box is going to be tricky.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Not for those of us that kickstarted it and have been waiting a long time for our game.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*