Warlords and Sellswords [Kickstarter]

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Warlords and Sellswords [Kickstarter]

Post by Zaxxon »

This looks intriguing to me. It's an interesting concept--you work to build the strongest army so as to earn the king's favor and fight in an upcoming war.
Warlords and Sellswords is card game about building an army to impress the local king so that he will hire you to fight his war. You will compete against other new armies over a ten turn game. The king has outlawed open combat between all armies applying for the job but subterfuge and trickery are viable options. You can murder, steal, and disrupt the other army’s troops to make yours look the most appealing for war. The king will make his decision at the end of 10th day but each day leading up to it he will send an adviser to form an opinion of each army.
This seems like a bigger risk than other tabletop Kickstarters that I've considered--these guys are new and their ony prior KS is a failed version of this same game. But I'm intrigued enough to follow along and possibly get in on this one. I like the art style and it's a neat game design.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Warlords and Sellswords [Kickstarter]

Post by Zaxxon »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Nobody, eh?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Didn't really grab me from what I saw. I'm trying to be a bit more discriminating about Kickstarter.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

hentzau wrote:Didn't really grab me from what I saw. I'm trying to be a bit more discriminating about Kickstarter.
Yeah, I'm also trying to back fewer projects. Not sure if I'll end up backing this one in the end.
patrickhcrowe

Post by patrickhcrowe »

Hey guys,
I totally agree with trying to cut down on supporting Kickstart projects but I wanted to know what about our Kickstarter did not grab you. We would love to know so we can correct any issues or supply more information to hopefully persuade you to support our project. We have put a lot of time into this game and we want to do anything and everything to see it succeed.

Hope we can change your mind
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm on the fence-the game concept is intriguing and it's just a question of whether I want to fit it into the budget.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Zaxxon wrote:I'm on the fence-the game concept is intriguing and it's just a question of whether I want to fit it into the budget.
This.
patrickhcrowe

Post by patrickhcrowe »

Well we just got a 3rd person review in. Maybe it will help change your minds.

The review is on the website Troll in the Corner

Thanks
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

patrickhcrowe wrote:Well we just got a 3rd person review in. Maybe it will help change your minds.

The review is on the website Troll in the Corner

Thanks
I believe you are referring to this.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

I'm backing this one - I like the art and the game sounds different enough that I'd like to check it out.
Books I finished in: 2022 | 2021 | 2020

Scrobbling at last.fm