Best Game of All Time Tournament - Round 1

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Best Game of All Time Tournament - Round 1

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I just noticed that Mass Effect beat Star Control 2. HOW COULD WE LET THAT HAPPEN?????
Black Lives Matter
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I just noticed that Mass Effect beat Star Control 2. HOW COULD WE LET THAT HAPPEN?????
You ... didn't ... vote ... for ... Star ... Control ... 2.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:lol:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rip

Post by Rip »

and if you had it wouldn't have needed a tie breaker. SO basically it is ALL your fault.

:clap:
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

:lol:
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Hipolito wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I just noticed that Mass Effect beat Star Control 2. HOW COULD WE LET THAT HAPPEN?????

That's because I didn't vote in any match-up where I hadn't played both games. Star Control 2 is one of my favorite games, but since I never played Mass Effect, I didn't feel it fair to vote.

edit: So I blame all of you that played both and thought Mass Effect was better. :eusa-violin:
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Hipolito wrote:

That's because I didn't vote in any match-up where I hadn't played both games. Star Control 2 is one of my favorite games, but since I never played Mass Effect, I didn't feel it fair to vote.

edit: So I blame all of you that played both and thought Mass Effect was better. :eusa-violin:
Wait... if you have never played Mass Effect - how to you know for sure that it is not a better game than Star Control 2?

Should have followed my approach - only vote if you have played at least one of the two games or it was in a series/style you knew you liked (I've only played Civ/Civ Net - but I like them enough to know that other Civ games would beat out shooter games, racing games, most Nintendo games, etc in my book because I do not care for those kinds of games).
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeahish. I only vote if either

1) I've played both games

or

2) I've played one of the game and thought it was excellent. I figure if I haven't played the other game, it's reasonably safe to vote for a game I know I really liked. If I played only one game and 'meh'd it then I don't have an interest in the outcome.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Zenn7 wrote:
Wait... if you have never played Mass Effect - how to you know for sure that it is not a better game than Star Control 2?
Because by almost all accounts, Mass Effect 2 is better than Mass Effect. And while I loved Mass Effect 2, it ain't no Star Control 2.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm the same way. If I'm familiar enough with one of the games to know that it is of a type that doesn't really appeal to me, I have no problem voting for a game I love over it. This is, after all, a poll of opinions, not objective perfection.

I don't care for hardcore flight/vehicle sims. I have no problem saying that I prefer (for example) Deus Ex over Silent Hunter 3.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

In all honesty, I probably just saw Mass Effect on the line and didn't even read the name of the game it was up against. If I had realized it was Star Control 2, I likely would've gone against my policy and voted for it anyway. :oops:
Black Lives Matter