Recommendations for a good, portable, 3-player game?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

Recommendations for a good, portable, 3-player game?

Post by hentzau »

I'm going to be heading down to Houston and spending a lot of time waiting around in a surgery recovery room with my dad and brother. Can anyone give me a recommendation of a good 3 player game that is small enough to fit in a carry on bag?
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Chaz

Re: Recommendations for a good, portable, 3-player game?

Post by Chaz »

Crokinole? ;)
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Boudreaux

Post by Boudreaux »

Card games that work with 3 are a good bet - Hanabi, Coloretto, even some super small-box games like Colossal Arena or Space Hulk: Death Angel. If you want to go with board games, End of the Triumvirate is probably the best 3-player game I know of, and sans box it would easily fit in a carry-on bag.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Race for the Galaxy works fairly well for three players and is pretty compact (especially if you just take the deck of cards and rulebook instead of the whole box). Alternately, Carcassonne.
Black Lives Matter
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Boudreaux wrote:Card games that work with 3 are a good bet - Hanabi, Coloretto, even some super small-box games like Colossal Arena or Space Hulk: Death Angel. If you want to go with board games, End of the Triumvirate is probably the best 3-player game I know of, and sans box it would easily fit in a carry-on bag.
Hentzau, I own End of the Triumvirate, I'd be willing to lend it to you.