[Kickstarter] Coin Age - Pay What You Want Microgame

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

[Kickstarter] Coin Age - Pay What You Want Microgame

Post by hentzau »

Tasty Minstrel Games has a fun little 2 player area control game played on a card with a few coins. It's a pay what you want (minimum of $3) but I backed it at $5. They include links to the PnP files for the game, so you can try it out before you buy. But they're only up for 9 more days. They've already broken through several of their stretch goals, so they're going to include punch board tokens and a credit-card plastic map as well as the regular card map.

Backing this not only because it's a fun little timewaster, but because I like the folks at TMG and the games that they put out, and want to encourage this behavior. Plus, their pledge video is a hoot.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Archinerd

Re: [Kickstarter] Coin Age - Pay What You Want Microgame

Post by Archinerd »

That game actually looks fun for what it is too. Backed for $5.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Enjoyed Dungeon Roll and this looks like a fun quick game that is highly portable. Backed.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Tmg has been doing a few of these pay what you want mini games. I like the idea. I'll be backing this one too.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

And they just added a $2 upgrade where they'll send a copy of the game to Operation Gratitude. I have a spare $2 to send one of these to a soldier someplace.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Problem:
Email From Kickstarter

Hi there,

This is a message from Kickstarter Support. We’re writing to let you know that we’ve removed a reward from your project, Coin Age - A PAY-WHAT-YOU-WANT area control microgame, that violated our Project Guidelines:

$5 USD reward - 531 backers OPERATION GRATITUDE + PAY WHAT YOU WANT (multiples) - We will donate one copy of Coin Age to OPERATION GRATITUDE (Care Packages to US Military). Additionally we will ship you one copy of Coin Age. The PAY WHAT YOU WANT suggested pledge for this is $7... ------------------ For every additional copy of Coin Age that you want to receive personally, add a minimum of $3 or the suggested amount of $5. For every additional copy of Coin Age to send to Operation Gratitude, add $2.

Any pledges to this reward tier have been automatically cancelled. We have notified all affected backers and let them know they can always pledge again to a different tier.

Feel free to add a new reward to replace it, just be sure it meets our Project Guidelines as any subsequent violations will result in suspension.

Thanks, Kickstarter Support
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Yeah. Sucks. Kickstarter is still good, they just apparently violated some ToS by trying to have copies donated with the pledges. Sucks, I thought it was a great idea. I just re-did my pledge at the normal $3 reward level.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

In for $5.

I have a problem and you are all enablers, I just want to put that out there.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

miltonite wrote:In for $5.

I have a problem and you are all exploiting it, I just want to put that out there.
fixed
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Delayed because Tasty Minstrel's desire for Kickstarter exceeded their capability to deliver. Quite vexed, but not surprised.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

At least they have acknowledged exactly that and have taken a 'break' from Kickstarter to reorganize and address it going forward.

Mistakes I can forgive, when the mistakes are acknowledged and addressed. It is certainly a better response than many Kickstarters have had to unexpected complications.

(And yes, I have TM products on delay, too.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

What both of you said.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

My copy of Coin Age arrived yesterday. I only had time to open it and spread it out on the table though. First impressions are that all components are good quality. The card board coin counters are nice and thick - though I'll probably use real coins to play.