Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Gaming randomness

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Kasey Chang

Re: Gaming randomness

Post by Kasey Chang » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 am

Checking out the $1 game I bought, Cyber Sentinel. Think one of the Zachtronics games about 5-10 years ago. 45 different puzzles (levels) to beat, plus level editor and community solutions. You program "viruses" to traverse "cyberspace" and steal data by using this visual programming language that are basically state machines and triggers. The trick is, obviously, how to set them up correctly.

Things get complicated when you run into hostile programs, firewalls (barriers), and the need to run a second program (parallel tasking). For a buck, it's certain good value.
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: Total War Battles: Shogun / Chinese Parents

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:33 am

Didn't see this coming - WizKids announces licensing partnership with The Orville TV series:
Once again expanding its licensing portfolio and suite of collectible miniatures, WizKids, the leader in high-quality pre-painted miniatures and established board games, has announced a licensing partnership to feature a popular sci-fi TV series, The Orville, in upcoming HeroClix releases. The new line is slated to hit shelves worldwide in Fall 2019, sold exclusively through Alliance and Diamond distributors in the U.S.

The first product to release will be a Jumbo Starter Set featuring the main crew, including Captain Ed Mercer, played by actor Seth MacFarlane, along with Commander Kelly Grayson, Dr. Claire Finn, Lt. Alara Kitan, Lt. Gordon Malloy, Lt. Commander Bortus, Lt. Commander John LaMarr, enabling HeroClix players and fans to embark in interstellar combat with their favorite characters.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:11 pm

I didn’t know that HeroClix was still a thing.
Silver - 2k

Autobots and Starfleet officers — we fight together!

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Oh goody. Because when I think action and adventure, I think of a show that has stories about robots having sex with humans, and junior high level attempts at writing biting satire about how bad racism and homophobia are.

I don’t know how Orville is still a thing.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Because Idiocracy was prophecy.
Silver - 2k

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Of course, I have zero room to complain considering I can’t pass by Con Air or Soldier if I see them on tv. :oops:
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic

TheMix
Loading…

Post by TheMix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:35 am

I haven't seen Soldier in many, many years. I'd definitely rewatch that. But Con Air? No. Unless there is a version that cuts out all of Cage's scenes.
Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Why couldn't you just put the bunny back in the box, Mix?
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic

TheMix
Loading…

Post by TheMix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:22 pm

hepcat wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Why couldn't you just put the bunny back in the box, Mix?
:lol:

Sorry... I just can't. Maybe if they'd skipped the HORRENDOUS accent and the RIDICULOUS hair...
Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm not saying either Soldier or Con Air are good films. Don't get me wrong. I'm saying that there's a defect in my personality that forbids me from changing the channel if either of those are on TV. I have no idea why, either.
-Mr Bismarck

-Coopasonic

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:40 am

Playing Borderlands the Presequel... I'm not sure I like the aerial combat thing, but it's at least a new mechanic to master.
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: Total War Battles: Shogun / Chinese Parents

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:40 pm

There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

AWS260

Post by AWS260 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 am

Wingspan in the New York Times. Never thought I would read an article in the Times that mentions Race for the Galaxy, Castles of Burgundy, and Terraforming Mars.
Game-design theory coalesced as a discipline barely two decades ago. It includes at least two competing perspectives: ludology (from the Latin ludus, “to play”), the study of game rules and mechanisms and narratology, the study of player story lines and experiences. Ms. Hargrave is familiar with the philosophy. But taped to the wall facing her is a list of the essential elements outlined by Marc LeBlanc, a designer and programmer, in his book “Eight Kinds of Fun”: sensation, fantasy, narrative, challenge, fellowship, discovery, expression and submission. Every so often, she said, she asks herself, “How many of these am I using?”

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 am

AWS260 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 am
Wingspan in the New York Times. Never thought I would read an article in the Times that mentions Race for the Galaxy, Castles of Burgundy, and Terraforming Mars.
Game-design theory coalesced as a discipline barely two decades ago. It includes at least two competing perspectives: ludology (from the Latin ludus, “to play”), the study of game rules and mechanisms and narratology, the study of player story lines and experiences. Ms. Hargrave is familiar with the philosophy. But taped to the wall facing her is a list of the essential elements outlined by Marc LeBlanc, a designer and programmer, in his book “Eight Kinds of Fun”: sensation, fantasy, narrative, challenge, fellowship, discovery, expression and submission. Every so often, she said, she asks herself, “How many of these am I using?”
I was a bit blown away yesterday when my wife handed me her phone and asked "how do I forward this article to my email?" so she could read it at her leisure on a bigger screen. During the hand-over she told me it was an interview with a Elizabeth Hargrave about a boardgame called "Wingspan". Wait, what? :shock:
-mf

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 am

Silver - 2k