[boardgame] The Witcher

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

[boardgame] The Witcher

Post by hepcat »

Up until the release of Spartacus, I assumed that all board game tie ins are just naturally bound to suck. Then Gale Force Nine proved me wrong with that and Firefly.

Projekt Red is now entering the fray by signing up with Fantasy Flight Games for The Witcher Adventure Game.

At first I thought that was strong. I was dubious...but then I saw the designer's name:

Ignacy Trzewiczek

Yup, it's one of my absolute favorite designers working on a game that strikes me as being smack dab in his wheelhouse. Ignacy excels at creating strong narratives in his games through some pretty clever mechanics.

My finger is hovering over the pre-order button as I write this...
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Re: [boardgame] The Witcher

Post by El Guapo »

I assume that the game is going to have a super complicated sexing mechanic?
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Re: [boardgame] The Witcher

Post by hepcat »

It will once I house rule in a few things. Which reminds me, any of the Chicago game folks have a gimp outfit?
Covfefe!
Zarathud

[boardgame] The Witcher

Post by Zarathud »

I am not being your twin.

But I wouldn't be surprised if hepcat has a collection of the sexy trading cards already.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon