Release day community & early access

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Dave Allen

Release day community & early access

Post by Dave Allen »

I can rarely afford a day one purchase, but I've always enjoyed watching from the sidelines as you guys descend on a new game like a school of hungry piranha. If early access continues will it eventually ruin this fun?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
killbot737

Re: Release day community & early access

Post by killbot737 »

There are a lot of early access games I'm interested in that I'm not getting specifically because I've had a couple of "gee, it would be nice if this game was already fleshed out" moments.

They've also had control issues - speaking as a developer, I find it unconscionable to release a game (in any state) with hard-coded controls. If someone wants to go backwards by clicking the left mouse button or the plus key why the hell shouldn't that be possible? I'll answer my own question: Laziness!
There is no hug button. Sad!
malchior

Post by malchior »

My only problem with early access is I can't filter them out in Steam.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I don't really day-one anymore. I get giddy when I have a large block of time available to game, not when a game is released. Chances are that unless the really stars align I won't have a reasonable amount of time on day-one to play.

I'm not likely to put too much time into early release either.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I've stopped doing early access. Too much junk.
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's getting burnt out a bit by early access games. There's just too many of them nowadays, and my patience for hitting the unfinished bits isn't what it used to be.

So now I seem to just be doing quick check-ins here and there when I hear an early access game of mine has a new update, and then I go back to playing full games.