[Kickstarter] D-Day Sergeants by Lost Battalion Games

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

[Kickstarter] D-Day Sergeants by Lost Battalion Games

Post by hentzau »

So the guys that make the Sergeants Miniatures Game (that I've raved about here before) are at it again, with a new game, D-Day Sergeants. This game is very similar to SMG, with the exception that they are using smaller board tiles, and instead of pre-painted metal minis they are going to have laser cut standees of the figures. This lowers the price point of the game a bit, and you get more troops than a standard initial buy-in to SMG.

Right now the Kickstarter is not doing so great...I think it has confused the fans of SMG, and they aren't getting much of a buy in from them. Plus, the incentives for backing really aren't all that great...he's really providing nothing extra for backing (other than possible unlocking of special medals on some of the character cards. It's very similar to the SMG: Red Devils Kickstarter, where he didn't have much incentive to get folks to buy in, but later in the campaign added enough extras that folks started jumping on. I was hoping that he had learned from his last go-round, but apparently not.

Anyway, I hope he succeeds...I'm buying into this one because I love SMG, but since Tommy has pretty much everything they've put out for SMG, I saw no need to get Red Devils. It's a great system, lots of fun, easy to learn, every character is unique, and very story driven. This would be a great way to get into the world and ruleset of SMG at a slightly lower price.

Kickstarter

BGG Link
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hentzau

Re: [Kickstarter] D-Day Sergeants by Lost Battalion Games

Post by hentzau »

They've funded and are starting to get into stretch goal territory.

Once again, I do highly recommend this game system. Tells tons of stories.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

I backed it when you first posted about it. 8-)
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

For those of you at all interested in this, there's about 14 hours left as of Midnight Saturday the 15th, and they've unlocked quite a few stretch goals so far. A really great game for a $90 investment.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Arriving today! 8-)
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

MonkeyFinger wrote:Arriving today! 8-)
Got your baby wipes ready? :)

Still haven't received my shipping notice yet.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

hentzau wrote:
Okay, what am I missing here? Other than baby wipes, of course.
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

MonkeyFinger wrote:
hentzau wrote:
Okay, what am I missing here? Other than baby wipes, of course.
The one big issue with the Sergeants games is the manufacturing process and the ash residue it leaves behind. So when you get your game, you will need to wipe down all of the edges of the game pieces with at a minimum paper towels. I think my buddy Tommy used baby wipes to wipe down the edges of his tiles. Your hands will be black by the time you get done!
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Ah... interesting. Thanks for the tip.
-mf
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Wow... you were certainly correct about the Black Hand Effect.
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Yeah. They really need to figure that issue out.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

My box is due to arrive today. Woot!

(Not enough time to get it cleaned off for a play session tonight, though...)
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Enlarge Image

My haul!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Put it under the tree -- gaming goodness that doubles as coal!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Ah... and all the additional chapters are up on the store now. When I asked, all they could tell me was "first quarter of 2015". 8-)
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Just got a nice surprise... $39 in credit on the LB web store to bring the price of the backed game in line with the new lower price. Now, what to get?
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Sweet... same here. 8-)

That seals the deal for me, gonna pick up the extra chapters I didn't get during the Kickstarter.
-mf
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

hentzau, have you tried to use your Gift Card yet? Just asking because I placed and order and even though I used the GC# during checkout it doesn't look like it was applied to the order. They've been nice about it and will be issuing a credit in that amount to my card, but just wondering if it has worked for you.
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I haven't tried it yet. I will soon though and let you know what comes up.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Guess I'm just lucky. They said "a large number of them worked flawlessly" so guessing yours will, too.
-mf