[Kickstarter] Character Meeples

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

[Kickstarter] Character Meeples

Post by Zaxxon »

I was referred to this Kickstarter by the Ultimate Werewolf folks. It's a gigantic set of custom meeples for use in other games. The art is quite a bit better than your usual meeples. I think it's a bit too rich for me as I don't play a ton of games other than Carcassonne that use meeples, but it looks like a cool project for those of you that use a ton of meeples.
Zarathud

Re: [Kickstarter] Character Meeples

Post by Zarathud »

These are fun for the kids. Their Disney Princesses in a Wooden Doll House have a Meeple Pirate and Meeple Princess as their "dolls."
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

This company sells smaller lots of meeples, cubes & disks on their website too. Prices seem fairly reasonable considering the amount of time and effort it would require me to buy/make my own cubes and paint them. I haven't bought anything from them yet but I'd like to.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Today I learned what a meeple is.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The kids gave the initial "that's cool," but I have to sit down with them to find out what they're interested in.

I purchased from them before -- great turn-around and pretty decent sales. I picked up their Lords of Waterdeep Mini-Meeples (100 for $25). The one problem is that this Kickstarter is just to get more product lines, so the price isn't lower than $1 per meeple unless you get an 8-character set.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I couldn't resist the final 48 hours. In for the "1 of everything" for $115 and 3 sets of 8 meeples for $25.

My sister and her fiance will each a bride/groom set, and my kids will have to agree on the third set. I'm betting they'll go for fairies, since they both already have some princesses. That's 159 little dudes for $140, with a real possibility of adding 7 more. If they unlock the animals, I'll have to up to 5 sets for cats and dogs.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

When I got home yesterday my 500 black cubes and 250 yellow disks were waiting for me, I'm so excited.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I successfully resisted, putting this month's Kickstarter dollars toward Pairs, instead. But I did convince a friend to back for the full Pandemic set.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My 1 of everything set arrived today.